Spanky Funky - new tune with BT

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
Very well done!

Fun tune, and lots of creative guitar work. I really dug the track.

pinner

Silver Supporting Member
Sweet!!!!! Funky indeed!!!!! Sweet tone on lead/melody. What did use for this?

journo

Sweet!!!!! Funky indeed!!!!! Sweet tone on lead/melody. What did use for this?
Hi Stephan,

Thanks! Lead was recorded direct with the Kemper and a Michael Britt profile of a 70s Marshall. The guitar was a Tyler SE HD Burning Water.

Cheers,

Mats N

pinner

Silver Supporting Member
Hi Stephan,

Thanks! Lead was recorded direct with the Kemper and a Michael Britt profile of a 70s Marshall. The guitar was a Tyler SE HD Burning Water.

Cheers,

Mats N
Very cool. Thanks!!!!!

vladorg

Gold Supporting Member
Damn, that had me tapping my foot instantly! Super funky, loved it, Mats!

Campfired

Good job, Mats... always nice to hear your offerings on TGP. Now if only I could find my toothbrush, I'd be doing this: :D

Carl_Tone

Hey Mats I don't remember you venturing into a Jeff Beck kind of thing before but you do it really well!

journo

Hey Mats I don't remember you venturing into a Jeff Beck kind of thing before but you do it really well!
Hi Greg,

Thanks! This is not my normal thing but I felt I should do something not quite so much "me" for this tune. It's funny how people tell me this is a Beck sort of thing. I haven't listened that much to Jeff Beck, but guess that I got it by listening to Phil Brown who I know is a tremendous Beck fan.

Cheers,

Mats N

JilaX^

Hi Greg,

Thanks! This is not my normal thing but I felt I should do something not quite so much "me" for this tune. It's funny how people tell me this is a Beck sort of thing. I haven't listened that much to Jeff Beck, but guess that I got it by listening to Phil Brown who I know is a tremendous Beck fan.

Cheers,

Mats N
It's definitely a Beck thing!
But, there is absolutely nothing wrong with playing like Beck. ;)

Never heard of Phil Brown, but if he sounds anything like this take, I'll have to give a listen cause this is phenomenal stuff.

journo

It's definitely a Beck thing!
But, there is absolutely nothing wrong with playing like Beck. ;)

Never heard of Phil Brown, but if he sounds anything like this take, I'll have to give a listen cause this is phenomenal stuff.
Thanks!

Phil Brown is a great singer as well as player. I couldn't touch his playing on my best day.
The CD he's most well known for is "The Jimi Project" where he takes Hendrix tunes in new and totally unexpected ways.
But my favorite Brown song is called "Shakespeare Told Me".

Cheers,

Mats N

Guitardave

Thanks!

Phil Brown is a great singer as well as player. I couldn't touch his playing on my best day.
The CD he's most well known for is "The Jimi Project" where he takes Hendrix tunes in new and totally unexpected ways.
But my favorite Brown song is called "Shakespeare Told Me".

Cheers,

Mats N
Mats - Great track again!! Really tough to pull off all that bending/whammy stuff - I usually sound like I'm just hurting the guitar!

Thanks for the Phil Brown intro..."Shakespeare Told Me" is a really cool tune!!

journo

Trending Topics