Spawn Streetrod; Loop volume or bypassed?

Iceman63

Hey all,
I've been playing for many years, and recieve positive comments on my tone, no matter which of my amps I'm using. But boy do I know little about what my amps are really doing. I just read through the "Gain Structure" article on the Webzine, and it made me realize just how little I know about amps.
I have a recently aquired Splawn Streetrod. As many of you know it has, like plenty of other amps, a loop volume control, as well as a by-pass function. I've never had an amp with this feature. I'm not sure the best way to use this....using the loop for effects aside. Is it esentialy a MV when engaged? It is between the pre amp and PI/output section, correct?
I'm currently running the channel volume; the OD channel, for example, at around noon, then using the loop volume to control my overall vol. But between using the loop or by-passing it, which way is best to achieve a good mix of pre and output tube distortion? I know this will be "how loud can I go" dependant. How do you guys use this function if you have it?

Last edited:

flcmcya

Silver Supporting Member
The hardest part for me was balancing the clean and dirty channel until I realized the volumes function differently in that mode......Scott kept telling me he designed the master in regular mode to be around half throttle so I was barely cracking the clean in the loop mode to compensate for the lower gain channel setting.

The front volumes become like a send and return in the loop mode and not sure I get it yet......fun amp though. :anon

Actually like running it normal volume but I get a lot of this! :argue

Trending Topics