Speaker cabinets - Kerry Wright, etc...

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
Just sort of a general information thread.

I'm curious what makes his cabs so special for lack of a better word? I know there are a few cabinet builders that get brought up as being equals, but his name seems to be mentioned the most, and his cabinets cost a pretty penny.

So, what makes a "high-end" speaker cabinet? Genuinely curious, zero snark on my end. Looking to expand the knowledge bank.

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm really not sure, aside from materials and craftsmanship. I will say that I've owned a bunch of cabs; Marshall, vintage Marshall, Bruno, Bludotone, Two Rock Sig, THD, etc., and my Kerry Wright 2x12 is the last one standing for the last 5 years.

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
They are basically the most perfect handmade cabinets available. His cabs all sound awesome too. Wish i could affrd them....

GAT

I had two 2x12s but only needed one. I've also had a 1x12 too. All were stellar. Easy to sell should you need to move one.

laninga

I have a 1x12 Kerry Wright (from LA vintage gear) and it simply is the best cabinet i owned or played. Compared to different 1x12 or 2x12 cabinets from two rock, 3rd power, suhr, marshall, brunetti and some local brands like Hook and Kool & Elfring

MasterEvan07

Gold Supporting Member
How does one acquire a Wright cabinet (apart from the selling of one's internal organs for funds via black market)?

Mikeroesoft

Silver Supporting Member
I have a 2x12 Landau style Kerry Wright cab loaded with Kts70s. I run a Two-Rock TS1 or a Carol Ann Revo45 through it. I also have a Two-Rock Sig cab and have had a Stone Age 2x12. All are really great, exceptionally well made cabs but the Kerry Wright cab stands out to me because I feel every note is alive. With the Kerry Wright you get perfect punch to compression ratio if thats a thing and I would put the KW cab in its own class based on that alone. Build quality on the Two-Rock Sig cab is great but the Stone Age and Kerry Wright are just a hair above.

Mikeroesoft

Silver Supporting Member
How does one acquire a Wright cabinet (apart from the selling of one's internal organs for funds via black market)?
I bought mine used, but I believe you have to call him. He has no website. IF ANYONE HAS A KERRY WRIGHT 1X12 OVAL OPEN BACK CAB THEY WOULD LIKE TO SELL, PLEASE PM ME!!

GAT

Kerry is a really nice guy too. I've been to his shop, great guy to hang with. PM me if you want his phone number. He doesn't do the internet thing, he prefers to talk to you in person and see what you want.

Trending Topics