Speaker cable adapter: from crimp-terminal to bare-wire (push terminal)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Heady Jam Fan, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

So I have some speakers that use crimp-terminals and some that use bare-wire push-terminals.

The wire in my speaker cabinet has crimp-terminals.

My question is whether there are adapters that will allow me to go from the female crimp-terminal of my speaker cabinet to a bare-wire for my speakers that use push-terminals? This adapter, I suppose, would have a male crimp-terminal on one end and a tinned bare-wire on the other. This seems like the easiest solution for some quick speaker swapping.

I know its possible to make this adapter myself with some speaker cable and male crimp-terminals. I can certainly go this route too - I'd just have to buy some speaker cable and crimp terminals. I'd prefer to just buy the adapter (or whatever). However, if I have to make them myself, what size male crimp terminal do I need to connect to the standard size female crimp terminals used in guitar speaker wire?

2. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

3. schwa

schwa Member

I made my own, and got the stuff at Radio shack. I don't recall the size of the terminal, I just brought the wire from the cab to the store and matched it up there.

4. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

That would be a spade.
    [​IMG]