Speaker closest to EVM12L... that isn't an EVM 12L

PSaulino

Silver Supporting Member
Hi,

Ages old question... looking for a speaker with all of the EVM 12L qualities but without the weight. Any type of speaker considered -
Thanks,
Paul

thelionsden

From my perception, the speaker closest to my EVM12L is the one sitting on the rack next to it that I don't like either.... :)
Actually, I finally found an amp I like it with and that is a Dumble replica that I own. I was quite pleasantly surprised. Sorry that I have been no help, but I couldn't resist....If you need an EV let me know, I have a pair and I will never use 2 of them.

Dennis

blackba

Silver Supporting Member
I would e-mail ted weber and ask, he has a neo 12, which is a JBL clone. The Weber michigan is the EV type speaker, but I don't know how the weight on those compares to the EV EVM-12L's.

There is an EV force guitar speaker that gets good reviews, but they are only available as used speakers now.

PFCG

well the commonwealth is like a replica, with weight and all. so no help there

Electric I

Not sure how the delta pro 12a directly compares, but it's a helluva match for a mesa/thiele style cab.

phyrexia

the weber michigan 12" does not sound like an EV 12L. Maybe it sounds like an EV SRO, i've never tried one. FWIW i had the ceramic 100w speaker.

Maybe an AlNiCo michigan 12" sounds a lot like an SRO? I dunno.

The Pro 12A is the closest thing on the market(unless you consider the 12L-Classic which is now in production to be different than an original 12L, and it is, but only slightly).

Trending Topics

Top Bottom