Speaker doping on Weber 1265's ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by 0din, Jan 28, 2008.

1. 0din

0din Member

I am thinking about trying a pair of Weber 1265's in my Avatar 2x12 because I want something warmer with a better bottom end than the G12H-30's in there now. I see on Weber's website that he offers the 1265 with speaker doping either light, medium, heavy, or "pre-Rola style".

Does anyone know what the pre-Rola doping is and how if differes from the other 3 options. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each option? I'm not sure yet if I want the doping or not.

2. rockon1

rockon1 Member

The G12H-30 has a bigger low end than a Heritage G12-65. I would imagine the Weber wouldnt be much different. You might ask them what a good speaker for what your after might be. They can custom make one too! Bob

3. Dave

Dave Member

I've had Weber's 1265s. They're nice speakers, but as rockon1 says, the G12H has bigger low end, for sure.

I'm pretty sure there's lots of info about dope, including the pre-Rola, on Ted's site.

4. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

The Weber 1265's I have do not have a lot of low end which I love, the midrange is awesome and they never seem harsh in the highs.

5. 0din

0din Member

I don't want more low end, but a tighter low end would be nice. The G12H-30's aren't the tightest low end I've heard. Mainly I want to get rid of the "trademark Celestion high end" harshness that I hear with the G12H-30's. I like a smooth high end and I also use beam blockers.

6. 0din

0din Member

Been playing the G12H-30's since last summer with plenty of loud hours on them, still sound too harsh to my ears, even with Beam Blockers.

I play anything from country to classic rock to 80's metal. Mostly use these speakers for classic rock and 80's rock, with either a Dr Z Maz 18 or a Bogner Shiva or a Splawn Quickrod. I'll put them in an Avatar sealed 2x12 cab, the standard cab not the vintage oversized cab.