• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Speaker for a 1960 Gibson GA-5 Skylark

I technically don't have it yet. I bought it about half a year ago and it was waiting to be picked up from the US of A and brought to Poland by my dad. I will get it in the middle of July.
It has a stock Jensen Special Design 8" speaker. Now, should I change it? Just let's suppose it's not working, what would you put in it? Is the stock Jensen any good?
I am looking for warm and bright sounds.
Thanks.

EuroCool

Maybe you should at least listen to your seaker once?
Many good 8", Jupiter is loved around here, I like Tone Tubby's 8" & original Jensen Sp Design of course.

H. Mac

The stock Jensen in my 1960 Skylsrk is one of the best speakers I've heard in the 50 years that I've been playing.

Regardless, planning a speaker swap for an amp you've never even heard might be putting the cart before the horse, but I understand that it's your decision and not mine.

jlinde

I would but a 10" in there. Should have no problem fitting one in there. Night and day difference.

jlinde

I know on the Crestline ones you can..had a friend that did it. O.k.....yours is the 60' might have a smaller cabinet, but bet it would still fit...speaker studs would need to be changed...obviously.

I know on the Crestline ones you can..had a friend that did it. O.k.....yours is the 60' might have a smaller cabinet, but bet it would still fit...speaker studs would need to be changed...obviously.
It is a tweed amp, slightly bigger than a tweed Fender Champ.

H. Mac

I would but a 10" in there. Should have no problem fitting one in there. Night and day difference.
Nah. Speaker diameter alone isn't going to make a night and day difference. The strength of the magnet and the diameter of the voice coil have at least as much influence on how a speaker sounds as diameter.

jlinde

Nah. Speaker diameter alone isn't going to make a night and day difference. The strength of the magnet and the diameter of the voice coil have at least as much influence on how a speaker sounds as diameter.
?????

Trending Topics