Speaker in MG Series Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Scott Auld, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

Yeah, I got one. It's the anti-corksniffer's cab.

The MG series 4x12 cab is smaller than a standard 1960A. The wood is compressed board... don't get it wet!

The whole cab is only $275 retail so definitely not expecting to find greenbacks in there. Just curious what they were so I peeked. I have no idea what the spec are on these cheapy Celestions.

They are stiff and bright right now, definitely need breaking in. Playing a 30w head into them.

Anyone have any info on what they are actually rated at and what their response curve looks like?

[​IMG]

2. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

Um, I'm thinking you want to say something but don't want to hurt my feelings? :D:D:D

3. NortheastHick

NortheastHick Supporting Member

fwiw for the 275 you spent you coulda got an all birch-ply 2x12 with "real" celestions from avatar..big difference..those speakers are probably those rocket 50's.

4. Edmundo

Edmundo Member

Those are the MG12-30L's. After they break in, they're similar to old the G12-35L. Avatar constantly blows out the MG's on eBay for about a c-note for 4 of them. Play 'em hard for a month and you're golden. Trust your ears, and not what the label says.

5. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

6. Scott Auld

Scott Auld Staff Member

I already have a Marshall 2x12 with Celestions from the 80s, its nice too :)