Speaker Mounting Screw Hole Spacing Universal?

CNP

Excuse the noob question, but is mounting screw hole spacing standard or universal in guitar speakers? Will I need to drill if I swap out Celestions for Eminence? Thanks for any info!

Scumback Speakers

Platinum Supporting Member
They're not universal, but if you put both speakers on a paper sheet, you'll find that around 11 & 5/8" is the center to center diameter of a Celestion/Scumback mounting screw setup.

Keep in mind, though, that frames are not universally the same diameter. I find that I have to widen some speaker holes because they're not wide enough for a front mount setup.

In other words, yes, they should be a universal bolt pattern, but the hole cut for the frame in the baffle board needs to be checked to see if it fits your speaker.

CNP

They're not universal, but if you put both speakers on a paper sheet, you'll find that around 11 & 5/8" is the center to center diameter of a Celestion/Scumback mounting screw setup.

Keep in mind, though, that frames are not universally the same diameter. I find that I have to widen some speaker holes because they're not wide enough for a front mount setup.

In other words, yes, they should be a universal bolt pattern, but the hole cut for the frame in the baffle board needs to be checked to see if it fits your speaker.

Many thanks for the info--

rockon1

Platinum Supporting Member
Ive noticed too that Eminence speaker holes seem to be a tiny bit off (closer across)but Ive always been able to mount them without modification. Bob

CNP

Ive noticed too that Eminence speaker holes seem to be a tiny bit off (closer across)but Ive always been able to mount them without modification. Bob

Thanks Bob. Is that because there's usually some play in the cab or speaker frame screw mounting holes?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom