• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Speaker Ohm question

Dr Doom

Should I go with 8 or 16 ohms for a 1x12 cab and a 1 watt amp? Not sure what the diff is

harpinon

Might you be speaking of a Marshall my boy?

If so, I have both and there really isn't any difference. The speaker will make a big difference though. I was told by someone that you need to get a low powered speaker with a 1 watt to get the best out of it. I certainly did not find that to be true with my JTM1. A vintage 30 sounded good but when I used a 120 watt Eminence Manowar, things changed. I got a ton of bottom end that shook a few things in the room. The top end was quite crisp and I could back down on the tone a bit.

Dr Doom

Yep, marshall. What's the ohm rating on the speaker that comes in the combo? Still not sure of which ohm rating to buy

Trending Topics