speaker pairing with Emi R, W & B for Fuchs ODS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jeffinaustin, May 15, 2008.

1. jeffinaustin

jeffinaustin Supporting Member

Is there a good speaker to pair with the Red, White & Blues with a Fuchs ODS in a 2x12 cab, or is it best to just have two of those?

Inquiring minds want to know...

2. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

I'm not a huge fan of mixing speakers. With the RW&B because it a dark sounding speaker, I would just do two of those.

3. edward

edward Supporting Member

Do you have the RWB, or are you thinking ahead?

I love mine in a SF Fender. It is full and even with a solid bottom and crisp/sparkly top. If there is any other spkr that I'd pair with it, it would be one with more mids. Clean and slight breakup is veeerrrrrry nice with my RWB, but when more dirt gets dialed in, the mids are weak IMHO. Get something with a more pronounced "crunch-guitar" midvoice to compliment the natural-sounding bottom/top of the RWB. FWIW, my Mesa MC90 (Celestion) sounds great along side it.

Edward

4. jeffinaustin

jeffinaustin Supporting Member

Cool. I've already got one in my ods combo and am thinking about breaking the combo apart and getting a 2x12 to pair with the head.

5. ROKY

ROKY Member

I like the Tonkers a lot - nice mids while still having ample lows and highs.

A very balanced speaker, IMHO.

6. maggles

maggles Member

I'll second the Tonker idea. I mix a Tonker with a 10" Ragin Cajun and it is great. The Cajun is very close (I think) to a RWB so these should mix well.

Andy

7. edward

edward Supporting Member

FWIW, I had a Tonker ...didn't care for it much. Too much bottom for my tastes, and the mids not to my liking. Granted, all ears (not to mention spkr enclosures) are different; witness the comment on the RWB being "dark" ...I couldn't disagree more. :) So take my suggestion FWIW, as well.

Edward

8. fusionbear

fusionbear exquirentibus veritatem Gold Supporting Member

I like the RWB and Cannabis Rex Mix