• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Speaker Quality Question?

OliverGuitars

I have most of my cabs loaded with Tone Tubbies and Greenbacks, but I recently got an Eminence Red, White, and Blues Speaker. I was thinking about putting it in an empty cab I have laying around to use with my Fargen Mini Plex. But I am wondering how good or bad these speakers are when you are used to a speaker that costs twice as much.

Have you guys used this particular speaker? And if so. what do you think of these? Would you rebuy these again for another cab, or would you just spring for the Tone Tubbies.

A while ago, I noticed some clips of JZucker using a cab loaded with these, but I am not sure. I love his demo's, they are highly entertaining to say the least. He is a great player, and I love his tone. So I sprung for one, now its here looking like its about to be ebayed before its even loaded.

I have a Eminence Red Coat Patriot loaded in the Fargen now, and I am not too impressed. If I bypass the stock speaker, it sounds worlds better. I also use to have a cab loaded with Eminence Governor's. They were only okay I guess. But I wanted some feedback from you guys!

dosmun

Speakers are really dependent on amp,cab and your ears. Since you already have the speaker and the cab I would give it a go and see if you like it. Just because a speaker costs twice as much doesn't make it better.

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, that was my take on it too, but I have seen so many negative posts, I am scared to even load it.
The RWB is essentially the same speaker as the Two Rock speaker and is a very nice speaker for the money. There are plenty of TR clips for you to listen to before you make a choice.

I'll be able to let you know about the Tone TUbbies. I just bought two alnico TT 10".

OliverGuitars

Thanks snarnell, I just loaded it, and it still sounds a little sterile being new and all. How many hours would you say it takes to break in a speaker?

alguit

Silver Supporting Member
I had a Red, White and Blues in my Redplate-modded Carr Slant 6V; it certainly brought out the sparkle in the clean channel, with a nice, round low end as well. With the lead channel it sounded really good as well; I DID just pop in a Southbay Ampworks H-55, though, and am thinking of sticking with that-I stay on the lead channel probably around eighty percent of the time, and I lean toward a slightly British tone...

For clean and medium drive tones, that Eminence speaker is terrific and a great value for the money!

OliverGuitars

It sounds better already after 2 hours of heavy bar cords! But I may go the tone tubby route, its just not the same. If you are going to have a great amp, you need a great speaker too, its a must!

OliverGuitars

Bump, I have my R,W,and Blues speaker paired up with a Governor in a 212 cab, and it sounds awesome.

Does anyone else know a good combo for speakers, especially with Eminence.

I love the Govenor and R,W,and Blues, but I was thinking maybe someone had another winning combo to suggest!

pfflam

The power of the aura of a higher price cannot be overestimated!!

It will literally effect what you hear . . .

and apparently, based on this thread, even before you hear it

Trending Topics