Speaker suggestion for a Two Rock 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by toanechaser, Mar 25, 2015.

1. toanechaser

toanechaser Member

Hi guys,

I recently got a Two Rock Classic Reverb with the (Schofield) 4x10 cab, but I don´t think the speakers that came with it are my cup of tea. The previous owner had installed Warehouse Veteran 10's in them. Although they give a really old school rock n roll cone breakup which is kinda cool, especially with humbuckers, I find them too "midsy" and not enough low end kick. They don't really have that fender chimey top end neither. I am going for an expressive punchy bluesy sound ala Matt Schofield, basically, so I need a full spectrum sound.

I am considering:

Eminence Rajun cajun
    Jensen P10R
    Weber 10A125
    Eminence Legend 1028K
    Eminence Legend 1058K

Any 4x10 users out there that can relate??

Thanx guys

2. AustinR9Powers

AustinR9Powers Member

Out of your list...
    Rajun Cajuns
    Mine would be Celestion Gold Alnicos....
    Not a 4x10 guy since Super Reverb and Bassmans

3. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

I agree on both accounts!

The Emi RC's for a Matt S vibe since that what he uses. I know TR offers both the Emi RC (was an up charge but now just an option I believe?) & those Warehouse speakers so there is a chance they are original unless you know they were changed by the previous owner.

I have an Avatar 4x10 with golds that I use with my Pure 64 head and love it. It has the rear oval back similar to a TR. I almost bought a TR with the RC's but for less $$ I was able to get the Avatar with Golds for less. I don't regret it one bit.

4. spkrbldr

spkrbldr Member

I agree, if that's the tone you are looking for the Rajin Cajuns would be the choice from your list. I also think our new Retro 10's would do the trick.
    Dean

5. toanechaser

toanechaser Member

Great input here. I suppose you´re right, the Veteran 10's might be stock. Yeah I am curious about puttin in golds.
    Crazy thought: could 2 golds and 2 RC´s work?? Maybe the golds would be drowned out.

Thanks guys. Veteran is a terrific speaker, to be sure. I did think it would be right up my alley as it is a highly recommended alnico substitute on fenderguru.com:
    "Warehouse Veteran 10″. Light, snappy, warm tone, firm, they have the vintage appeal of upper mids and higs. Excellent replacements of the original CTS Alnico 10? that came originally in blackface Super Reverb, one of the absolute best speakers we’ve heard in SR. Lots of touch sensitivity and warmness. The speaker is designed so that the cone breaks up when pushed. Don’t be afraid of cone breakup before you’ve heard it. Fantastic, mellow and compressed. Excellent in 2-4 x10″ configurations. You will not find any better speaker below amazing 50$"

Wellwell. I´ll check out the Retro´s!

Cheers.