Speakers for an Egnater Renegade?

gm1276

I purchased a Renegade head, but haven't received it yet. Waiting patiently. Not sure how popular Egnater amps are on here, so I'm not sure even if any of you guys are using them. Anyone have any speaker suggestions? I'm going to run it through an open back 2x12 cab and trying to pick an appropriate speaker. I like Greenbacks, but need something that handles more than 25w. Thanks in advance!

sweetrock

I am also in the waiting list for a renegade head .

I want to use it tru a renegade 4X10 cab .
Read great reviews about it .

:)

bartmcartman

Gold Supporting Member
I use mine with a bogner os 2x12 cab loaded with WGS ET 65's currently. Sounds great. It sounded good with V30's as well but I prefer the ET65's as they are more neutral in the mids. I'd like to try some scumbacks with it as well or maybe some emi private jacks.

gm1276

I was actually looking at some different emi speakers, cannbis rex, private jacks, etc. I might actually try a combo of a private jack and a cannabis rex. The ET65s look pretty great, though. What kind of stuff do you play? One thing I liked about the renegade was the more neutral, full bodied cleans over my TRRI which often gets too bright for me. I'd like to maintain that tone. What do the ET65s sound like -- brighter/darker?

gm1276

I was thinking about that too, but ended up buying a 2x12 open back cab from a fellow forum member just this morning. So I'm going with the 2x12 for now!

I am also in the waiting list for a renegade head .

I want to use it tru a renegade 4X10 cab .
Read great reviews about it .

:)

Trending Topics