• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Speakers for Marshall JVM 205c

Ness Hamilton

What's up gearheads? I was wondering, does anyone know what speaker could pair up nicely with the Celestion Heritage in this amp? I friggin' love it's sound, but it's got a trebly thing going on with the Vintage 30 that came stock, I can't eq it out, so I figured I need a smoother speaker, just something to really smooth the sound, I want something to use with fuzz and also clean, bassy, smooth and with good mids, any ideas?
I've been eyeing WGS speakers, thinkin' about an ET-65 or a reaper.

Stu Cats

Thanks, good idea, I already did, although Scumbacks are kinda out of my price range, but I'll check'em out :)
Being in Canada and consider the cross border shipping, they are pricy for myself as well. But I only use Scumback. I get yesterday's sound today.

You are on the right track with a 65. I did use Warehouse at one time and they do make a good speaker.

Ness Hamilton

Being in Canada and consider the cross border shipping, they are pricy for myself as well. But I only use Scumback. I get yesterday's sound today.

You are on the right track with a 65. I did use Warehouse at one time and they do make a good speaker.
Yeah, I think they're worth a shot, the thing is I really need to be careful picking one, do you have a model you recommend for a smooth sound with round highs?

Stu Cats

Yeah, I think they're worth a shot, the thing is I really need to be careful picking one, do you have a model you recommend for a smooth sound with round highs?
We all hear things differently. But if I wanted smooth and warm, I would be thinking AlNiCo, but that may be out of your range.

Also check out Eminence and Weber as they have a lot of options. You ill want to match them well and have the sensitivity close so one does not drown out the other.

Best to contact them and chat a bit to see which would work for your amp, playing volume, and what type of guitar is your main player. Good luck!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom