Speaking of EQ...

gkelm

Silver Supporting Member
Looks like another winner...that guy cranks our some great pedals at such nice prices.
Greg

jrigg

Platinum Supporting Member
This might be a very cool pedal to use with my 18 watt Marshall clone. I don't get what the "bypass input" jack is for though. Any ideas?

gkelm

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by jrigg
This might be a very cool pedal to use with my 18 watt Marshall clone. I don't get what the "bypass input" jack is for though. Any ideas?
Maybe to run a straight line out to another amp or second amp channel?

T

Tecx

Nope... It uses a TRS y-spliter, so when you bypass the EQ - it swicthes to whatever effect(s) you have in the TRS chain.

Very cool idea!

Alex

Originally posted by gkelm
Maybe to run a straight line out to another amp or second amp channel?

58lespaulman

This reminds me of the BJF Sea Blue EQ.. I love this, because it won't be sooo expensive... I think it will do more than what they are saying...

muddy

i don't think i'd go as far to say that this will take the place of bjorn's eq. from all reports, that seems to be a rather special piece of work done by someone who has a real talent, and very great ears to boot. as does david, but david has his own take on what he wants his pedals to do, the guy is involved with pro audio work as well, so i'd say you'd be getting something specific to his vision, as with bjorn's creations.

ml

M

Member 995

Originally posted by Tecx
Nope... It uses a TRS y-spliter, so when you bypass the EQ - it swicthes to whatever effect(s) you have in the TRS chain.

Very cool idea!
That is a very cool idea and I'm glad that it is showing up on more and more pedals. I like the Diamond Memory Lane delay pedal that has a loop for putting an effect on the delayed signal only.

I can just imagine using the BarbEQ with a tweed style amp set to a nice midrangey sound, then kicking in the BarbEQ with a delay and/or chorus in the loop. Instant change to a very different sound.

Bryan

P.S. Wait . . . on rereading your post it sounds like the loop will kick in when the pedal is off, not on. That makes less sense to me. I wonder which it will be?

T

Tecx

The B EQ is ment for clean sounds, so you can have a OD or Boost in the FX loop so no tap dancing. You go straight from blackface cleans to what ever dirt you have in the loop.

Cheers

Alex

p.s. I see even more posibilities...

Originally posted by Bryan T
P.S. Wait . . . on rereading your post it sounds like the loop will kick in when the pedal is off, not on. That makes less sense to me. I wonder which it will be?

T

Tecx

Dave... I love you... I will be ordering a B15 model as soon as I have the scratch, I have been needing a Clean/Dark boost for my Vanamps Reverbamate - and a B15 B EQ would be perfect. Hell I may get 2!!!

can you email me some details?..

Originally posted by David B
They are custom shop units, you can have the loop anywhere you want it, pre or post eq or in the bypass. You can also order it with almost any classic amp eq including Vox ac30, bassman, Plexi, Echelon EQ, B15 for dynamite direct bass recording and we can install the mod PCB in them as well for extra flexible operation.

Have it your way!

I am going to try a setup this week running one Barb E.Q. setup blackface and one setup AC30 going into a 5E3'

I used the Barber E.Q./Beaufort (tweed deluxe) rig for the pickup test last week...I am digging it as me new super sweet BF testbed.

Click to hear the Barb E.Q./Beaufort combo used for pickup testing

Trending Topics