Speaking of EQ...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by muddy, Aug 6, 2005.

1. muddy

muddy Member

2. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

OK, who makes these?? Tell us more about this EQ pedal..

3. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

Thats something new from Dave Barber, I believe at the moment its a custom shop pedal. Go to the link below if you want to read a little more on it!

Barb EQ

4. muddy

muddy Member

5. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Looks like another winner...that guy cranks our some great pedals at such nice prices.
    Greg

6. jrigg

jrigg Gold Supporting Member

This might be a very cool pedal to use with my 18 watt Marshall clone. I don't get what the "bypass input" jack is for though. Any ideas?

7. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Maybe to run a straight line out to another amp or second amp channel?

8. Tecx

Tecx Guest

Nope... It uses a TRS y-spliter, so when you bypass the EQ - it swicthes to whatever effect(s) you have in the TRS chain.

Very cool idea!

Alex

9. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

This reminds me of the BJF Sea Blue EQ.. I love this, because it won't be sooo expensive... I think it will do more than what they are saying...

10. muddy

muddy Member

i don't think i'd go as far to say that this will take the place of bjorn's eq. from all reports, that seems to be a rather special piece of work done by someone who has a real talent, and very great ears to boot. as does david, but david has his own take on what he wants his pedals to do, the guy is involved with pro audio work as well, so i'd say you'd be getting something specific to his vision, as with bjorn's creations.

ml

11. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

That is a very cool idea and I'm glad that it is showing up on more and more pedals. I like the Diamond Memory Lane delay pedal that has a loop for putting an effect on the delayed signal only.

I can just imagine using the BarbEQ with a tweed style amp set to a nice midrangey sound, then kicking in the BarbEQ with a delay and/or chorus in the loop. Instant change to a very different sound.

Bryan

P.S. Wait . . . on rereading your post it sounds like the loop will kick in when the pedal is off, not on. That makes less sense to me. I wonder which it will be?

12. Tecx

Tecx Guest

The B EQ is ment for clean sounds, so you can have a OD or Boost in the FX loop so no tap dancing. You go straight from blackface cleans to what ever dirt you have in the loop.

Cheers

Alex

p.s. I see even more posibilities...

13. Tecx

Tecx Guest

Dave... I love you... I will be ordering a B15 model as soon as I have the scratch, I have been needing a Clean/Dark boost for my Vanamps Reverbamate - and a B15 B EQ would be perfect. Hell I may get 2!!!

can you email me some details?..