Special Edition Hamers

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by yanquii, Nov 20, 2005.

1. VegasGreg

VegasGreg Member

Cool guitars, and a great dealer.

A lot more handwork went in to those guitars than meets the eye.

2. slipbeer

slipbeer Supporting Member

They sure look good. I sent for the price and calmed down, over $3 g's.

Not sure how that will work out for someone if they decide to pass it on.

3. Hackubus

Hackubus Member

$3K? :eek: My GAS just beano'd big time.

4. yanquii

yanquii Member

$3k, huh? That seems like a little to much for a guitar like that. Oh well.

5. Taller

Taller Silver Supporting Member

Anywhere is everywhere and nowhere is nothing.
    Doesn't Hamer make a dual P-90 guitar just like that, but without the binding and the 'limited' designation?

I keep seeing the single p'up models in Korina.:confused:

6. mbratch

mbratch Member

Hamer Special. You can find them easily for about ~$500 used and excellent to mint condition.

7. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

Yeah, the price quoted for the Special was $3699! Crazy... I own a korina special/Jr that I love. There are a few differences.... This looks to be a limited ed only 10 made, one peice body, upgraded pups, tonepros vintage style tuners and bridge, added binding on headstock and neck, Korina plate cover, bone nut... I'm sure it sounds awesome and I love the details but to tell you the truth I'm not a huge fan of Hamer's SC design.

8. jimmyj

jimmyj Member

It's too bad that costs that much. It's probably worth it with the added touches, the antiquities, and the one piece korina. Not too long ago I was thinking it would be nice to get Hamer to make almost exactly this guitar. I don't care for their control placement but that's the only thing I'd change. I had a 25th anniversary model that was a great guitar but did notice I had difficulty with finding the right knob on the fly.

I can't quite swing that price, though.:(

9. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

Maybe it's all marketing hype but after reading more info about the design and build at the Hamer site I can see why it's more expensive. Truely is a custom built guitar...nice details. But I still think $3699 is crazy.

I wonder if the build and details are any better than my PRS McCarty Soapbar? Looks like the pups are more expensive, added binding? The Kornina seems like a nicer grain than my special.

more details...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. slipbeer

slipbeer Supporting Member

I saw them on the Willcutt site and immediately e-mailed them, thinking mid-teens to high teens, hoping for less.

I just thought the price was crazy for the investment risk so it better be one hell of a guitar.

As much as I like Hamer stuff, I took it in the shorts selling an early 80's Special and I see them at really low used prices all the time.

Hopefully, whoever buys these plans on keeping them, for their sake.

I'd sure hate to see one in the Emporium somewhere down the road for $500. Yep, I'd feel terrible pouncing on one that way.