Specific Noise Gate Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Medgeking, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Medgeking

Medgeking Member

I've never used a noise gate, but I have a couple fuzz and OD pedals that I like to stack - in combination, they produce a ridiculous amount of noise. It's just occurred to me that I could possibly use a noise gate pedal to eliminate this problem.

In reading all of the forum talk, I've become really confused about what pedal would be best for me. I'm leaning towards the MXR noise clamp because it seems like it would do the trick, especially based on their video demo.

Just to make things crystal clear here, I'm not trying to eliminate noise from my guitar's pickups or noise from my amp, I really just want to eliminate some or all of the obnoxious hiss that comes from stacking my fuzz and OD pedals.

One other point of clarification, I'm using a Fulltone Soulbender, a Basic Audio Gnarly Fuzz and a Colorsound single-knob "The Fuzz" clone all running into a Nobels ODR-1 then into my Egnater Tweaker. I'm considering just putting the fuzz pedals into the loop of an MXR noise clamp and leaving the Nobels out.

So, any advice here would be very helpful.

2. PG-Lane

PG-Lane Member

yeah i use the MXR noise clamp for the exact reason! It works really well, specially if you have high gain pedals stacked together. I am running the TS-9, colossus fuzz and the pinnacle through the loop of the noise clamp. I have actually got one more dirt pedal in the loop at the moment.

[​IMG]

3. Medgeking

Medgeking Member

Sweet - thanks for the feedback. I think I'll pull the trigger today!