Specific String brand question.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Dickie Fredericks, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Dickie Fredericks

Dickie Fredericks Member

So I got a new guitar as an early Christmas gift. Well, I got a new guitar a week before Christmas. Ibanez Electric Hollow body. It has the trapeze tailpiece. The strings that came on it are very nice. They have this red string like wraped around the string at the ball ends.

Does anyone know the brand?

I ask because generally I only use D'Addario XL's and Ive never seen these. I really like them on this guitar.

2. pattste

pattste Member

Thomastik-Infeld?

3. fritferret

fritferret Member

i think thomastik has strings like that.

4. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Supporting Member

That's called "silk-wrapped". Many vintage strings had that feature, today T-I (as noted), some Pyramids, and the Les Paul Sig strings have silked ends (at least the early LP sig strings did, not sure if they have changed that). I sort of doubt that an Ibanez would come with more expensive strings like that, though, but could have been changed by the store.

Al

5. Jamie_Mitchell

Jamie_Mitchell Member

Flats?
    Could be Pyramid, they have that and they're known for their flats.

6. 8strings0hair

8strings0hair Member

From working in a guitar store I remember all the basic Ibanez models always come with d'Addarios. The high end signature models sometimes have something different (I remember the George Benson has silk wrapped flatwounds on it as a factory setup). Not sure what brand though. Could be that the store changed it up...?