• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Spectre vs Pyramids?

PhuzzphayzZ

Bueller? anyone?...

I know it's not a strict head-to-head: Pyramids wins on a 'moar' technicality, but, beyond that.... CoreTone?... Functionality?... Usable Features?

ex.: Spectre has 'Ramping', Pyramids does not. Pyramids has 'Step', Spectre does not...

oh ye, what says the council?

Can't say, I only have Pyramids, and I like it fine. It's got all sorts of usable sounds on tap, but it can be a little overwhelming. The Spectree looks good too, probably easier to use.

PhuzzphayzZ

Can't say, I only have Pyramids, and I like it fine. It's got all sorts of usable sounds on tap, but it can be a little overwhelming. The Spectree looks good too, probably easier to use.
wow, that was a quick reply,lol!
huh, you think Spectre would be easier? interesting

that's the kind of interesting thing I'm lookin to hear! thx

satherp5

Supporting Member
If you want more traditional flange sounds, than Pyramids. If you want thru-zero flange than Spectre. The TZ sounds/capabilities aren’t even close in my opinion. I had both and ended up selling the Pyramids and buying an Orbit for traditional flange which I like pre-dirt and have my Spectre post.

hippieboy

I've never tried Pyramids, It looks cool though.

I have a spectre and its a lot of fun, easy to use and you can get a lot of usable sounds and some crazy sounds.

Gila_Crisis

The Oblivion looks sick! But having already an HX Stomp and the Zoom MS70, my needs for modulations are already well covered.

TaronKeim

ugly//pretty//noise
Silver Supporting Member
i haven't played the spectre at all but the biggest difference in my head would be the analog vs. digital thing - no matter what + even in clips i can hear how much "chewier" spectre is

that said, i have pyramids + absolutely love its voice - it has some magic happening in the eq/volume department so that it cuts incredibly well in a mix and does not get lost - also, it nails a ton of chorus tones and having 5 presets plus a live mode is awesome - it is true stereo and has a very lucious stereo spread which makes some of the wackier modes really shine on synth [takes line level devices very well, high headroom, makes my matriarch sound godly]

it is capable of side-chain flanging, which again, on synths and for recording purposes is super cool - i often use my dfam to do rhythmic flanging of my guitar + subphatty riffs

i use the trigger modes more often than i thought i would, great for ambient bullsh#t or during full-on noise assaults

the only thing i ever wish for is that the exp pedal could be used for the speed control instead of sweeping the manual control - though that can be cool for textural stuff, especially with a freeze/loop before it

my only critique would be it isn't as thick in the through-zereo mode as my og foxrox tzf was - it is a little glossier and not as throaty, which is great for some stuff but for milkshake thick chugging lines, i'd have liked something a little meatier/darker

this pedal made me fall in love with flanger - it is my chorus sound, my lead thickener, my shifting atmospheric sound for volume swells, my slow phaser, and my weird noise freakout box in tandem w/ my mask audio electronics maybe?

|tjk

Last edited:

Top Bottom