Spellbound by my Komet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by shallbe, Nov 21, 2005.

1. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

I still love my Komet. I'm the original owner of an very early Constellation, and it has REALLY burned in well. Literally, clean or dirty, there are harmonics galore. The trannies in this baby have matured very nicely over the years.

FWIW, here is my current setup. EVERY time I play it, I come away surprised with how inspiring it is.

Constellation with Phillips 6SN7 (ch 1) and GE 5751's in both ch. 2 and the PI slot. Running at 16 ohms into a custom Bob Burt vertical 2x12 with a Red Fang and a Cannabis Rex (alnico/ceramic mix DOES it for me). This cab with these speakers reproduces everything so well, without harshness or flub.

My pedalboard for this amp (after MUCH searching) is complete. Guitar into old chrome Dunlop 535 wah (no Q, 4 pos.switch), then to a Durham Sexdrive (clean boost, the best, IMO), to an old white Dejavibe (unique in that does Trower sounds on chorus AND Magnatoneish fast sounds on the vibe) to a Frantone Vibutron (what a GREAT trem!) to an old Boss DM2 delay (a classic) then a Boss TU2 tuner. A simple, small board that sounds fabulous with this amp and produces every sound I need.

I don't think I can be any happier with the sound, feel and response I'm getting with this rig.

Somebody let me borrow their KF50 so I can do a comparison. :)

2. poutserman

poutserman Member

I couldn't agree with you more.I have a k60 and it's definitely the most addictive amp i 've ever played.Also the most challenging.That thing is like a force of nature on your fingertips.

3. JPenn

JPenn Member

rub it in why don'tcha!!!!!;)

i'll be there someday myself

4. bobeau

bobeau Member

Kudos to you for finding something that will be with you for the long haul...

5. v-verb

v-verb Supporting Member

ditto!

6. ButchR

ButchR Komet Player Gold Supporting Member

What's a Komet? Where do I find one?:)

7. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Why do you think I have two?!? You should hear them in stereo with 2 4x12 cabs! :dude

8. shallbe

Gilbert,

I know this thread is a little old, but I've not been on the GP much in the last few weeks. Please describe the stereo Connie rig you have and how you are using it in a band/stage format. Using an attenuator or just the plexi shields?

9. PaulE

PaulE Supporting Member

That's a good one ;)

10. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Shalbe,

I can use an old Marshall 4x12 that the original owner made stereo or I use that and a Divided by 13 4x12 cab with Celestion Heritage G12Ms on top and G12Hs on the bottom. I use a plexi shield or I use attenuators. Currently the Ultimate Attenuator sounds the best but the Komet Airbrake works fine. The problem is adequate stage room! I split them out with a T-Rex delay.

11. Bo Faulkner

Bo Faulkner Member

hmmm I had an old Marshall 4x12 that I made stereo... JCM 800 1960 b cab. Wish I still had it..

12. shallbe

Geez,

That must sound pretty damn incredible runnning both cabs. Stereo Constellations. Gilbert, you're my hero!