Spent the morning at Kendrick amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Sean French, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Sean French

Sean French Supporting Member

I live down the road from Kendrick amps and needed some help biasing my TR K&M Custom.Gerald Weber said come on down and see us.I had never been by before.I needed to replace the original 7581a's with another set of 7581a's.Great down home guys they are.They got me taken care of while I hung out and played some of his amps and his 50's Strat.Wow!They build some awesome amps.I'm already thinking to have him build me a custom amp.:D
    They set the bias at 35ma for each tube for me to try out.I didn't bring my cab with me this time.I just ran through an old Silvertone cab they had there.Told me if I wanted to have it set hotter or colder to just bring in my cab and guitars and they would bias it to what I prefered the sound of.Very cool.
    Just wanted to share my morning with ya'll.

2. Sean French

I forgot to mention I also received some parting gifts.
    Some Kendrick strings to try out and some copies of 20th Centry Guitar magazine in which Gerald Weber writes "Sound Advice".
    Thanks Gerald and John for the hospitality.:BEER

3. Marshall Man

Marshall Man Member

Sounds real cool; to bad most companies do not have customer service like that!

4. Peppy

Peppy Member

Terry Oubre still at Kendrick? Hell of a guitar player...really good.

5. Smokehouse

Smokehouse Supporting Member

I have been to Gerald's shop a couple of times. Just a great guy who will spend all day with you discussing gear and letting you try all sorts of equipment out. What killer amps too, just love his stuff. And as always look forward o him being at the Dallas Guitar Show in April.

Also gotta plug his pure nickel guitar strings, I wont use anything else !

Smoke'

6. sundaypunch

sundaypunch Member

Not to be nosy, but I remember a year or two ago Gerald Weber writing that he had a serious illness and was leaving the country for some alternative treatment. Is he doing OK?

I have his books and video and have found them to be very helpful.

7. Sean French

Gerald was walking with the aid of crutches but,looked and acted to be in good health.He was in great spirits too.

8. Swain

Swain Member

Did you get to try a Gerald Weber Signature, or a K-Spot?

9. Sean French

No.Most of the amps were boxed and ready to ship.:(The amp I spent the most time with was a custom build that John owns.He only described it as kind of badassman with some twists.It was a 112 6L6 based combo and I really dug it.I wish I had brought my Tele but,it was awesome with my LP.It had a great sounding add on reverb as well.I'm definitely going to have an amp built so,I'm sure I'll get a chance to try other models out in the future.

10. TD_Madden

TD_Madden Gold Supporting Member

yeah, he's had some bone problems that apparently were treated in China with traditional medicines amd now with oxygen-chamber treatments here in the states.....he says only a couple treatments remain (takes 'em in San Antonio).