• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

SPINOFF - Strangest, Oddest, Freakiest, etc Live show(s) you've ever seen?!?!

Lution

Phil M's post in the Tool thread about him seeing Maynard put a girl in a cage and left her there for the whole show inspired me to start a new thread.

So what was the strangest, oddest, freakiest, most out-there thing you've ever seen at a live show?

I'll have to pass until I can access my memory banks - maybe Phil M can tell us more about the girl in the cage!

dantedayjob

Butthole Surfers, State Theater, Kalamazoo, '89 or '90... wow... wow... that show was so crazy I don't even know how to describe it or where to begin... Paul Leary had a hair weave that went down close to his ankles, Gibby had this HUGE effects rack, tall as he was... he was screaming or singing or making odd noises (who could say?) through a bullhorn, into a mic and twiddling with the effects with his other hand... there was a vid of reconstructive genital surgery superimposed over an upside down vid of Charlie's Angels... The music was insane, but so, so tight.. even when improvising... they acted as one machine, a crazed psychadelic machine, but focused and intense... I walked out of that show stunned and it took me a very, very long time to process it...

I also saw John Lord pull a B3 over on himself during a show on Deep Purple's Perfect Strangers tour... that was a different kind of weird, he was a trooper though, never quit playing, even though it took 5 roadies to get the thing off of him!

?&!

I don't know if this one can be topped. In my hometown in Iowa, there was a really good death metal called Murder Basket. They were scheduled to play a multi-band show in a guy named Crazy Larry's barn. Crazy Larry was a crusty old punk dude who had inherited his parents farm out in the country, and had wild shows there a lot (he also kidnapped L7 once, but that's another story). Murder Basket was late, and we were wondering if they were going to show up. When they finally arrived, they quickly loaded their gear onstage and disappeared. They came out a few minutes later, wearing nothing but combat boots, pantyhose, and pantyhose over their heads. They were dragging something onstage, wrapped in a big blue tarp. The singer opened it up, and it was a mangled, dead deer. They had hit it with their van on their way to the farm, which was why they were late. They started their set, and played around in the deer's blood and guts during the whole show. It was INSANE. Just when I thought it couldn't get any weirder or more disgusting, the guitarist (who was a SMOKING player) whipped his pecker out of his pantyhose and wrapped it around the guitar neck. He then proceeded to pee in his own mouth, while ACTUALLY PLAYING A SOLO WITH HIS DICK. I **** you not.

billm408

^^^
OK... I think you win!

Besides GWAR- a event all by itself- I was at the Cow Palace the night Keith Moon passed out and Townsend asked someone from the crowd to come up and finish the set.

Lance

Gold Supporting Member
I don't know if this one can be topped. In my hometown in Iowa, there was a really good death metal called Murder Basket. They were scheduled to play a multi-band show in a guy named Crazy Larry's barn. Crazy Larry was a crusty old punk dude who had inherited his parents farm out in the country, and had wild shows there a lot (he also kidnapped L7 once, but that's another story). Murder Basket was late, and we were wondering if they were going to show up. When they finally arrived, they quickly loaded their gear onstage and disappeared. They came out a few minutes later, wearing nothing but combat boots, pantyhose, and pantyhose over their heads. They were dragging something onstage, wrapped in a big blue tarp. The singer opened it up, and it was a mangled, dead deer. They had hit it with their van on their way to the farm, which was why they were late. They started their set, and played around in the deer's blood and guts during the whole show. It was INSANE. Just when I thought it couldn't get any weirder or more disgusting, the guitarist (who was a SMOKING player) whipped his pecker out of his pantyhose and wrapped it around the guitar neck. He then proceeded to pee in his own mouth, while ACTUALLY PLAYING A SOLO WITH HIS DICK. I **** you not.
I do believe we have a winner. Dare I insert....
:worthless

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
No sir, I can't top that.

GAD

Lution

Wow!
Just Wow!

That one will be hard to top, but I hope more will contribute their experiences.

hucklebee

umm....

i got nothin

actually... not correct... for some reason, I keep thinking....

MUDSHARK

marcher5877

I was the musical director for a circus. It was an odd scene to say the least. My job was basically to talk to the performers and provide music during their act, so a mime might ask for circus muisc (7/8ths =circus music) or an aerolist might say "I want something cool and groove, then hard and metal when I start doing flips...." We performed pretty regularly, and every performance had a theme. Pirates, A Chicken Theme, a Robot circus...

One Halloween we had a Dark Theme. Anything dark or adult oriented for this show. Anyway, these two people, two of the nicest people I have ever meet were booked. They were a human pincushion (a guy pierces himself in various places as his performace) and his girlfriend was an acrobat. For one piece of thier act, the guy strips down naked, and shows us that he is able to penetrate his scrotum with both hands. Yes, I saw it.

Then the girl shoots pu$$y darts.

Use your imgination and yes, its is exactly what it sounds like.

?&!

I was the musical director for a circus. It was an odd scene to say the least. My job was basically to talk to the performers and provide music during their act, so a mime might ask for circus muisc (7/8ths =circus music) or an aerolist might say "I want something cool and groove, then hard and metal when I start doing flips...." We performed pretty regularly, and every performance had a theme. Pirates, A Chicken Theme, a Robot circus...

One Halloween we had a Dark Theme. Anything dark or adult oriented for this show. Anyway, these two people, two of the nicest people I have ever meet were booked. They were a human pincushion (a guy pierces himself in various places as his performace) and his girlfriend was an acrobat. For one piece of thier act, the guy strips down naked, and shows us that he is able to penetrate his scrotum with both hands. Yes, I saw it.

Then the girl shoots pu$$y darts.

Use your imgination and yes, its is exactly what it sounds like.
Whoa, out of nowhere, we have a contender!!! Keep 'em comin'!!!

doublee

The Cramps in Frisco. The curtain goes up while they are just starting into the first tune, the guitar player has a stub of a cigarette in his mouth. Just as the curtain gets high nough he spits it out into the first row, the volume goes way up and they are off into high gear in about 20 seconds. Great stuff.

HHB

I opened a show for the Impotent Seasnakes from Atlanta, not quite pee in yer own mouth but a close second

EricPeterson

no one have any GG Allen Stories?

So far there are some pretty damn good ones though, I got nothing really. The best I got is I was at a house party where a band was playing in front of a huge picture window at a cabin with a bon fire behind them, as the show went on people proceeded to take all of the furniture out of the cabin and throw it in the fire, it was pretty crazy. Nothing like what has been described though.

Echo Are

At the Starry Plough in Berkeley, CA, about 8 years ago, I can't remember the name of the act, but it consisted of a twenty-something guy making noises with a bunch of junk(pieces of wood, and old saw blade, etc.), and a young lady standing on a chair amidst the junk singing what I'd call random free-form opera. You had to be there.

Trending Topics