Vendor Spiral Electric FX, What's The Haps?

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
NOW I remember what that paintjob on the Yellow reminds me of!!!
(I loved that paint job, and almost snagged it... it's the standing shadowy characters)

They're Liverwort Spore Capsules !!!!
They're reproductive members on a gametophyte-dominant, non-vascular land plant !!
.. and now you know!! ...

(ignore me....botany nerd... it's genetic, from my dad. I have no choice.)

johnetone

You mean like the Allora and the Red?

The Allora will be my highest gain Fuzz, and the Red will be the highest gain Drive. For that classification I'd have to do a hard separation between the Drives and Fuzzes:

Drive:
White Spiral
Yellow Spiral
Red Spiral

Fuzz:
Black Spiral
Brute
Allora

It is interesting to note (at least to me) that the Brute is technically lower-gain than the Black, but it sure doesn't sound like it! Also interesting (again to me LOL) is that the Allora's hFE measures literally in the 20,000 range, but it doesn't sound that much more gainy that the Brute.
Are all your fuzzes based on the same circuit?

Tom Von Kramm

Are all your fuzzes based on the same circuit?
Yes, they are all based on a highly modified version of the Maestro FZ1-S. The Black uses 5089 transistors, the Brute uses BC108/109C's, and the Allora uses Darlingtons. The rest of the circuit is then further modified to deal with whatever the differing transistors bring to the party (Bias range, Detail range, Nanolog or not, low-cut or not, various clipping diode swaps, etc. etc.). I think the Allora will be the last of the FZ1-S based fuzzes as I've recently fallen in love with some older Coloursound circuits, and I want to explore them further.

Last edited:

3waytie4last

Unfluencer
Yes, they are all based on a highly modified version of the Maestro FZ1-S. The Black uses 5089 transistors, the Brute uses BC108/109C's, and the Allora uses Darlingtons. The rest of the circuit is then further modified to deal with whatever the differing transistors bring to the party. I think the Allora will be the last of the FZ1-S based fuzzes as I've recently fallen in love with some older Coloursound circuits, and I want to explore them further.
When's the Allora dropping? Been waiting specifically for that one since the Splatt demo.

Tom Von Kramm

When's the Allora dropping? Been waiting specifically for that one since the Splatt demo.
I'm planning on Winter NAMM, but we'll see. The Darlington's have been a challenge to control, I think I have it sussed now, but I need to build a few more protos to prove consistency. I also have a couple of other possible expanded feature ideas for it that I need to prove out as well.

Trending Topics