• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Vendor Spiral Electric FX, What's The Haps?

AStrangeDay

Here comes a nice double-negative: They are not designed to not work with synths or drum machines... LOL

All of my stuff has the ability to be full frequency, that comes from my bass playing background. I need everything I make to work well with bass, and if it works well with bass, it will work well with pretty much anything. The only Spiral Pedal that is the exception to that is the Red Spiral. The Tone Pyramid on the Red, specifically the Peak Control, is designed to interact with guitar pickups. It sounds fine on bass, but it isn't really meant for bass.

Perfect, That is what i hoped to hear.

Coheed

Silver Supporting Member
I just have to say that @Tom Von Kramm’s pedal line up sounds really really good, they look awesome and I can’t wait to get my hands on a few. I’d hate to replace my Looking Glass but that Red Spiral is calling my name!

TaronKeim

ugly//pretty//noise
Silver Supporting Member
i held out:confused:

waiting for some reverb sales to go through so i can pickup a brute + secret chord

can't wait to hear what ya'll do with aleph!

|tjk

Last edited:

george4908

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Demhe inbound in the coming weeks…can’t wait!

My Demhe is here, but under the tree, wrapped, dammit!

Question for Tom: Does the Demhe interact with pickups and should be first in line? Or is it less sensitive to placement in the chain? I normally run Guitar-->Wah-->Boost-->Drive-->Reverb.

Tom Von Kramm

Platinum Supporting Member
My Demhe is here, but under the tree, wrapped, dammit!

Question for Tom: Does the Demhe interact with pickups and should be first in line? Or is it less sensitive to placement in the chain? I normally run Guitar-->Wah-->Boost-->Drive-->Reverb.

It isn't sensitive to buffers, I run mine post-wah. Despite that, I do think that it works best first, it cleans up better.

PhuzzphayzZ

taron showed me some upper and lower 8va settings, and some other, and I've been trying to go back and forth putting all the knobs thru their paces in different combos... basically a Jack-of-All-Fuzz emulation, but without being an emulator, by being its own thing... by bein its own thing it's all things... wowowowow...lol

but it even quenches Timmy/GainChanger/Lightspeed GAS, lol

I haven't explored the 'Open' setting as much... not sure I understand what's going on in the 'Special'...Tom? I missed that episode

this is 'Taron'sPedal' so, lol, I'm letting him lead the sonic warpath here, but it's incredibly, deceptively all encompassing in term of tone and feel... maybe I couldn't get a Fuzzrite out of it, but maybe I wasn't trying hard enough? lol- but, a 'GarageFuzz' tone, 'VelvetFuzz', Muff, Bender, FFace... with a Modern sense of application and nuance and refinement.

Fuzz of the Year Award 2021

Seance

I spoke with the incredible Markus Reuter recently.

Interesting conversation.
Also funny how the conversation was much more focused than your camera. ;)

I agree that the idea of Rose Pedals each being named after a color might
have been too limiting after a while.

Spiral as a company name and concept is great since it can be as focused and
tightly wound or as loose and exploratory as you want as things spiral out over time.

So when does the Spiral "Doodle" come out?

Tom Von Kramm

Platinum Supporting Member
What a great interview Tom, full of interesting concepts and observations to reflect on, I really enjoyed listening to you!

Thanks man, I like that we went into conceptual territory instead of just prattling on about the usual topics

Interesting conversation.
Also funny how the conversation was much more focused than your camera. ;)

Dude, that F'n camera! It has good reviews on Amazon but it is GARBAGE. Nexigo N930AF BTW. If the software ever gets updated it is supposed to have an auto-focus override, but until then - avoid.

Since this interview I've learned how to make my GoPro Hero3 into a webcam. It is working great so far. So the Demos in the Dark interview shamed me into cleaning my studio, and the Markus interview shamed me into getting my webcam game up to snuff.

I agree that the idea of Rose Pedals each being named after a color might
have been too limiting after a while.

Spiral as a company name and concept is great since it can be as focused and
tightly wound or as loose and exploratory as you want as things spiral out over time.

So when does the Spiral "Doodle" come out?

Nice punning there man...

Yeah, it might be post-hoc pollyanna talk (that is a killer rhyme BTW) but I do feel more free with my naming.

Last edited:

TaronKeim

ugly//pretty//noise
Silver Supporting Member
clips of allora are still coming, it has gotten a little more in depth than i was expecting

i was going to grab a brute + secret chord because of how in love i am with allora but i really can get everything i need tonally, from boosts to overdriven tones to modern fuzz and distortion tones - vintage, octave + starved voices are here too

@PhuzzphayzZ i use the open position a lot, with the low-cut engaged and high-ish gain settings, middle of the road bias-ing, that's where all the fuzztortion tones lie - almost like a big p*ssed off rat pedal

so the clips are coming, i promise! just xmas busy and want to make sure i do allora justice!

i'm also trying to talk tom into making me a slightly more distortion-voiced version of allora, something with a quicker transient response on the lows and a bit more eq tailoring but with the same muscular dark sizzle that allora has, through my setup i can't imagine a better fit for my noisy bullsh*t

|tjk

Trending Topics

Top Bottom