Vendor Spiral Electric FX, What's The Haps?

Cosmo-D

Silver Supporting Member
I'm being a little flip when I say I don't like octave fuzz, because there are some I like. The HBE UFO is a good example of that for the reasons you state, but there is also this thing they either do, or don't do on chords. That "scramble" thing that a lot of people dig drives me nuts. Instead, I like that strong "extra note" that the HBE UFO and the fOXX Tone Machine do. You have to incorporate it, or work around it, but at least it is a note. I think it works well with power chords, and while it can get a little chaotic with some chords, you can find stuff that works.

The way I describe it is like a mono synth where it will jump up or down but not both: Dee-Doo. Instead of the scramble that goes MEEEEEEErrrrrrooooowwwwww!
Yes! I know exactly what you mean about that glitch out of octave fuzzes, sometimes I like it but most of the time I don't want that. The UFO is great about chords or single notes and that's one of the Tone Machine strengths I dig too. If I want a little of that gnarliness on the top I use the SF300/FZ-2.

M

Member 5343

how's everyone getting on with their alephs?!

would love to hear more about them + possibly some clips!

still working on the allora ones, had a camera + sound syncing issue

have a brute on the way with the n2 goodness in it - looking forward to comparing it to my beloved allora!

|tjk

Moody Tuner

Looks like I snagged the last White Spiral at @Tom Von Kramm site. Said I would try to get the complete collection, and saw his post of discontinuing it. Now what to pair it with? The Brute Special Sauce, the Aleph, the Demhe, or the Black Rose?

Congrats on the White Spiral! It will sound great with any of those pedals!. Did you happen to pick up the Silverburst Yellow spiral by any chance? I’m wondering if we have identical spiral collections. Lol.

DrwDfDc

Congrats on the White Spiral! It will sound great with any of those pedals!. Did you happen to pick up the Silverburst Yellow spiral by any chance? I’m wondering if we have identical spiral collections. Lol.

Unfortunately no, I am still looking to get a yellow. Missed on all the special ones because of work.

M

Member 5343

If my parts shipment ever shows up I'll spill the beans.

The Supply Chain is killing me Smalls!
man, this pandemic is the worst!

can't wait to hear about all the beans!

my brute is supposed to show up this afternoon, can't wait to try it out with all my allora material - hoping i can get away with the two of them for most of my dirt needs!

|tjk

Z3P0

Silver Supporting Member
BC549C’s in Q1 & Q2
Hybrid Tonestack - part Allora, part Brute
Bias fully open, no taming whatsoever

Texture Toggle is now discrete, no mixing:
1. Silicon 1N914 Diodes
2. Blower (straight transistors)
3. 80n Asymmetrical Diode Network

Now available HERE.

Great video Tom. I love the homage to the Texas Chainsaw massacre, especially when it's grainy in the background and you're swinging your axe!

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom