Spirit, "I Got a Line on You" video - amazing show

CarbonArc

So glad I got to see these guys in the original lineup. It was at the Ventura College Gym. Either they opened for Lee Michaels or they opened for him. I can't remember which. Saw Albert King there too. time flies

DrumBob

Always loved Spirit going way back to '68. Saw them a few times at the Fillmore East and later at the Bottom Line, I think. Was Jay Ferguson in that video?

thewhit

Gold Supporting Member
Big Spirit fan here. I remember thinking it was cool having an "old guy" drummer with Ed Cassidy at 51 years old, when I was quite a bit younger.

These days, a 51 year old drummer is almost a "young guy" from my vantage point.......but rock and roll doesn't need any stinkin I.D

Phletch

I was checking out the amps...an early Music Man, a Carvin, a Yamaha (looked like a G100-212). The rest was disturbing on soooooo many levels. :rotflmao

champion ruby

I was checking out the amps...an early Music Man, a Carvin, a Yamaha (looked like a G100-212). The rest was disturbing on soooooo many levels. :rotflmao

They once had nice amps but now this one is mine:

aHkCBih.jpg

Flying_V1968

That was awesome.

Mr. Baxter had me cracking up the whole time...he was so enthusiastic; probably was up for a couple of days. ;)

lhallam

I bought the first Spirit lp on a whim, I had never even heard of them. As soon as the first lick from "Fresh Garbage" played, I was hooked.

"I Got A Line" is one of the first songs our "band" learned to play.

PS - For those who don't know. Baxter quit playing in rock bands and became a highly respected missile expert who consulted to high ranking officers in the Pentagon. Apparently he became interested and learned all about them.

RGB

Silver Supporting Member
We do this in both the acoustic and electric shows...still goes over great...always liked Ricky Medlocke's version too! :)

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
Acoustic 360/361. Sounds great if you're standing 50m+ away from it, otherwise highly impractical.
Ya have to use 2 cabs w/ an Acoustic 360 - at least that's the old 'common wisdom' from the early 70's. With two cabs, it's easier to hear individual notes in the nearfield, but they're heavy and take up a lot of room. Hell, back them, ALL gear was heavy and took up a lot of room - Ha ha!

It's sort of like the old line about Marshall 4x12 cabs - "The only thing that sounds better than a 4x12 cab is .... 2 4x12 cabs!"

Thanks, Dana O.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom