Splash Brothers!! Steph Curry and Klay Thompson

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by RockinB23, Jan 25, 2015.

1. RockinB23

RockinB23 Member

These guys are really becoming the new reason to watch basketball. Did you guys see that Show that Klay Thompson put on the other night. 37 points in one quarter including 9-9 from 3 point land. 52 points in 32 minutes. Steph Curry is looking like the leading MVP candidate for the season. The Warriors are having the best season by far they have ever had. Its harkening back to the 90s bulls.

Any way I'm just an excited Warriors fan boy/season ticket holder. Having fun this season!!

2. claudel

claudel Member

Finally, after decades, the Warriors don't suck anymore...

Can the Raiders be far behind?

Steph & Klay should start the allstar game, Draymond should be in there too...

Bonus for the improvement is that there are more national games for the W's now.

3. dburns

dburns Member

Since I'm a Philly guy/Sixers' fan, I have no rooting interest. However, I've adopted the Warriors as the team for me to root for since they were once a Philadelphia team...and are highly entertaining.

As good as they are, 90s Bulls comparisons are premature, but I understand your excitement...great team to watch. Hopefully they can keep it up throughout playoffs.

4. Ethn Hayabusa

Ethn Hayabusa Member

I'm still a Heat fan, but I will experience a hissy fit if James Harden wins the MVP over Curry.

5. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

90s Bulls? Methinks you may be a bit carried away. Let's see them win at least ONE ring before the coronation. Cool to watch, though.

6. billm408

billm408 Member

It's a reference to their season records.

67-15 in '92
    72-10 in '96
    69-13 in '97

Given that the Dubs are 36-6 at the halfway mark, it's a pretty fair comparison. And while it's an uphill battle with the strength of the western conference, they're certainly on pace to be in the conversation.

7. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

Agreed, but what about Damian Lillard? The West is freakin' LOADED! This All-Star game won't even be close....

8. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Member

I still remember Rick Barry, Cliff Ray, Al Attles and the 1975 run.

9. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

And?......todays players would kick those guys @$$e$.......!:cool:

10. traviswalk

traviswalk In the Great State Gold Supporting Member

It will be great when the Hawks play the Warriors in early-Feb.

11. Pally

Pally Member

Warriors feasted on struggling teams early--teams missing their star players.

Now the Warriors are winning the games they should win, but they face more determined and prepared competition.

Recent losses against the Thunder and the Bulls suggest the league is figuring out how to beat them.

The key this season is Andrew Bogut. Warriors need his size and tenacity to guard their interior. Last season, Bogut missed the playoffs and the Ws were bounced in the 1st round by the Clippers. This season they will be bounced in the 2nd round (probably by the Clippers) if Bogut is out.

12. DonW

DonW Velocity Town Angel Silver Supporting Member

Splash now a kerplunk with last nights loss to the Bulls. Of course, it's the regular season and nothing on the line. Simply an indicator that like all teams, they can be beat although their record against the Eastern Conference is very convincing at this point.

Love watching them and as a Bulls fan I appreciate Steve Kerr, he tussled with MJ in practice and wouldn't back down, gotta' love that! If the Warriors don't win the west I'll be surprised.

13. ford

ford Supporting Member

thats a pretty dumb reason to have a hissy fit... both players are great... Harden was THE leader of the World Championship team... he was hailed by several players as being the guy who spoke up when he needed to.... led by example.. worked his butt off in practice and games... learned he had to play defense for his team to be successful.

He has matured a ton on the floor and in the locker room.. he is entering his prime. Get used to seeing him compete for MVP's and lead good teams.

He and Curry are both having great seasons... and its very easy to make an argument for either guy.

14. Bankston

Bankston Member

When I went to Scotland last year, Steph and his dad were there the same week. Ran into them at the Dunvegan. Both were super nice guys.

Both he and Harden are having MVP caliber seasons. Will be tough on the voters to decide.

15. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

OKC letting Harden go has got to be one of the dumbest decisions by basketball management ever.

16. Ethn Hayabusa

Ethn Hayabusa Member

I hate the way Harden plays. Just plows into the lane, creating weak contact, or chucks up half a dozen three point attempts. Not a great midrange shooter, no real post game to speak of, turns over the ball a lot. He has gotten better, and he is a very good player. I just get sick of box scores where he gets 32 points while shooting something like 6-24, and most of it is from the free throw line.

Then again, I am not a fan of any volume shooters.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  17. JSharp3180

JSharp3180 Member

Steve Kerr was the perfect hire to take that team to the next level. Curry is the perfect student for him to mentor as a point guard.

Kerr had a great basketball IQ as a player, but didn't have the talent of Curry. But in Curry he has a young player with great talent AND a great basketball IQ. Having been on 2 great teams himself, Kerr knows who and what it takes to win at that level, so the Warriors will be in great shape for a long time.

Go Spurs.

18. RockinB23

RockinB23 Member

I agree 100% Russell Westbrook is a bit similar lives at the line. I too am looking forward to the Friday game against the Hotlanta Halks.

19. Ethn Hayabusa

Ethn Hayabusa Member

I hate that style of play. Back when Wade was shooting 8-10 free throws a game he at least made an effort to get the ball in the hoop on drives.

Harden is just trying to get to the line.

20. beckstriad

beckstriad I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife Silver Supporting Member

I wonder if that has to do with the offensive philosophy of the Rockets' organization? It seems like the game is transitioning away from any mid-range shooters to people who shoot threes, drive, kick, and try to get to the free throw line. With analytics becoming such an important thing, I think the NBA will only continue to go that way. I agree, it isn't as much fun to watch.