Splawn Amplification Official TGP Thread

JYD

Silver Supporting Member
I picked my Quick Rod up from Scott Tuesday (then took it back and hour later when the switching relay crapped out). I got it back the next day and I’m still tuning it in. This is the first one I’ve ever had “fully loaded”.
Nice! Look forward to hearing how you like it and what you think of the new/old and mid-cut. What year and model did have previously?

Exodus5

Silver Supporting Member
Nice! Look forward to hearing how you like it and what you think of the new/old and mid-cut. What year and model did have previously?
I had a 2006 and (I think) 2011 Quick Rod. One of them was purchased from Fusionbear. Both sounded great. I have been trying the different settings but haven’t really found that incorporating them has been right for my main tone.

The speakers are(right now) a Creamback and a 90’s G12T-75

kmanick

Silver Supporting Member
I just put a first edition G12T-75 in the bottom position of my Mojotone (I had 2 m-65's in there) big improvement
I like the mix of the 2 so far, but I may put the other 75 in as well.

DonaldDemon

I had a 2006 and (I think) 2011 Quick Rod. One of them was purchased from Fusionbear. Both sounded great. I have been trying the different settings but haven’t really found that incorporating them has been right for my main tone.

Which mode are you preferring, new or old? That's almost the same spread as mine, an '05 and '10.

Hammered

Silver Supporting Member
I just put a first edition G12T-75 in the bottom position of my Mojotone (I had 2 m-65's in there) big improvement
I like the mix of the 2 so far, but I may put the other 75 in as well.
Nick before I downsized and had my Splawn 4x12 I ended up putting 2 G12T75s up top in a last ditch effort to tame some mid range honk and those speakers ended up being just the thing it needed and I got them for a great price . I had Creamback H75s on the bottom . I miss that cab :(

DonaldDemon

I really like the Scumback BM75LD's with my mini comp. I have an older Marshall 4x12 that has a pair of those and a pair of regular M75LD's and it sounds awesome. But the BM's have an awesome aggressive tone without being shrill like the MOW's
Sure, I'd love to try some SB's but shipped to here they would be 2x what I paid for the loaded cab or almost as much as a new cab! That's too rich for my blood, and it would be nice to have better clips, I don't even know what most of them sound like. I don't know how he can sell speakers so expensive without any clips on the website.

Scumback Speakers

Platinum Supporting Member
Sure, I'd love to try some SB's but shipped to here they would be 2x what I paid for the loaded cab or almost as much as a new cab! That's too rich for my blood, and it would be nice to have better clips, I don't even know what most of them sound like. I don't know how he can sell speakers so expensive without any clips on the website.
I've got lots of clips on the Scumback Speakers site, plus YT, etc. Here's the link to the site clips: http://www.scumbackspeakers.com/newclips/index.html

Do these not show up for you?

Last edited:

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
Splawn makes such good stuff.

Any Nitro players? I am a modern high gain guy (think Dual Rec, Diezel VH2/Herbert, PRS Archon, etc.)
How's the Nitro compare? It's on my list of possible future purchases.

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
Platinum Supporting Member
I was looking for clips of the BM55 specifically, I don't see any?
I think you want to stay away from the 55hz speakers with any of the Splawn amps. They have so much low end available, the 55's will just accentuate that more. IMO, stick with the 75hz series. My favs are M's and J's with the Splawns

Trending Topics