Splawn superstock????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by vettelt11992, Jul 29, 2008.

1. vettelt11992

vettelt11992 Member

I always hear about people having the quickrod, which apparently is their most popular amp, but i was just wondering if anyone here had ever tried the superstock and what their opinion was on it???

2. Phil M

Phil M Member

The only person I know who has one here is frankencat. I don't think there are many out there. I'd love to A/B it with my Quickrod.

3. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

I love mine. I have tried the Quickrod, and a modded Marshall 1987x that were both really nice but had too much gain for what I do (rock, classic rock, p&w, and some harder stuff). I have been through a ton of really nice amps over the last couple of years including Bogner, Mesa, Budda and TopHat and they were all nice but my Splawn SS is my go to amp.

[​IMG]

The only thing I can tell you is until you have one you will never know :)

-Frank

4. donbarzini

donbarzini Member

Are these amps voiced just like the Quickrod or his Marshall mods with lower gain?

5. bartmcartman

bartmcartman Supporting Member

I recently had a chance to demo a quickrod and was really impressed with how much it reminded me of some of the old marshalls I've had but even better. The overdrive channel in first gear with the gain down gave me really decent plexi tones. ACDC city! I bet the superstock is very cool as well and saw a video demo of one that was great!

6. vettelt11992

vettelt11992 Member

So its basically a QR voiced amp with less gain???

Do you think it would be a good amp to pair up with a QR, or would that just be a little redundant???