Split 412 cab?

Zim

Hey guys, been out of the loop for a while.

Is anyone making a 412 cab that can be ran with 212 on right and left? And switch to all 4 if you want? I know years ago there where cabs out there like that.

And if so, who makes a great one that sounds great?

Thanks.

Robbgnarly

Marshall 1960 cabs
Mesa Recto cabs
Line 6 Spider Valve cabs

Most company's make stereo/mono cabs now. I don't know if they are left/right or top bottom. but they will work for what you do

mattpeyton

I just went down this road pretty far. Spent a bunch of money building a 2 amp into one cabinet rig. The learning was that the phase cancellation from the speakers that are not being powered made the whole things sound crappy no matter what I did with it..... I ended up with two 4 by 12 cabinets and the world is a better place today.

Zim

I just went down this road pretty far. Spent a bunch of money building a 2 amp into one cabinet rig. The learning was that the phase cancellation from the speakers that are not being powered made the whole things sound crappy no matter what I did with it..... I ended up with two 4 by 12 cabinets and the world is a better place today.

Ah, good to know. This is what I was thinking of doing. Maybe a Headbone (or some other ver.) is a better way to go

rlord1974

Headbone has a brief dropout when switching between heads. If it doesn't bother you, its a good solution. It bothered me though.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom