Splitter snake (Reprise)

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Gasp100, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Thinking about picking up one of these again... after adding some summer gigs we are playing ~50% with house sound systems and using IEMS. We played last night with house sound and got the IEM mixes up, no issues but overall it took most of our load in time (~1 hour total, at least 30 minutes or so working each individual IEM mix).
    I feel like we have our own mixes dialed with my rig pretty close and could get it perfect soon. I use the Mackie DL1608 and now that they released the My Fader app for iPhone it's going to be quick for us to fine tune ourselves.
    I'm trying to determine if something like the one pictured below makes sense. I would want to be SUPER CLEAN and very quick no matter where we are (house provided or not) so I'm considering a new rack that holds all of our stuff, the Mackie up top on tray and then 2U dedicated to this splitter snake.
    So all mic's / DI stuff would come to my rack, the splitter snake would obviously be prewired into the Mackie. Then all I do is run the 30FT portion of the snake anywhere house has their snake box.

http://www.amazon.com/Seismic-Audio...qid=1426958973&sr=8-3&keywords=splitter+snake

2. RCM78

RCM78 Member

An ideal situation would be to have several channels of wireless mic's, and your in ear receivers all mounted in the rack. Just plug in the rack, turn on the power, and all you should need cables for is FOH subs and mains.

The splitter snake will work for tapping into house sound while your own board supplies all the monitor mixes...

3. loudboy

loudboy Member

4. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Good call! I was thinking that having all that cabling mucking up the works might be an issue. And this one has the isolated outs and is only 1U. I'll do more research.