Sprucing up a Silvertone 1482

LPVM

I bought SIG 12S off of a forum member and I've got to say it fits the 1482 like a glove (thanks toykat). I previously changed the speaker baffle in my beater '67 to 3/8" birch ply and put 4 & 8 ohm jacks on the OT taps to prepare it for just such an occasion. I slapped it in a few days ago, threw in a fresh pair of RCA 6V6GTA gray plates, put a very strong testing Sylvania 12AX7 long plate in V1, plugged in my Tele and fired it up. I was immediately bathed in glorious tweed toned crunch and couldn't put my guitar down for more than an hour. Okay...it's established, I really like these speakers in a 1482.

LPVM

I didn't get a chance to make one with this yet but I definitely will. In the meantime here is the same amp with a CTS alnico in it (the beginning clip). The rest in the vid are my bone stock '65 from clean to mean and delta blues tremolo in between. :cool:

talpa

Gold Supporting Member
i have one of these gathering dust in my closet - in almost new condition. my neighbor guitar bro gave it to me when he moved up north several years ago..great guy.

don't ever remember liking the tone - may try your mods or have Greg Germino do them for me...wow great job can't wait to hear clips thanks for this post this may be a lifesaver for an unused amp in my stable. my Tex non-CC Custom Bernie gets all the duties in this wattage range. oh and my '55 Silvertone 1333 tweed/crocodile which may be a predecessor.

have some old Weber 10F150's in my '90 VVRI (factory service bulletin mod) that kill.

great job - hope u get some clips up

Last edited:

Trending Topics