Spurzel installation help

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by 1kidc, Mar 10, 2006.

1. 1kidc

1kidc Member

I just received a set of 3x3 Spurzels that I'm planning to put on a 335 clone. They came w/ no instructions from a fellow gearpager and I don't want to screw the pooch here. I went to the Spurzel site and had zero luck downloading the install instructions. Any thoughts, links or sage advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    dd

2. bigroy

bigroy Member

My only experience has been with an upgrade on a Strat, and they were a direct replacement. However, you are at the right place, and someone will come along with either the answer, or the place you can go to find it. What brand of 335 clone?

3. 1kidc

1kidc Member

Wow, scenic Greencastle! I grew up in Cincinnati and have been through your fair city....

It is a dead mint 1982 Washburn Hb35. Plays like a telly - sounds like a dream! I'm going to put some graphtec string savers in it soon and then start experimenting on pickups. It looks to be a fun project.

4. RL in Fla

RL in Fla Member

Get hold of Paul at Specialty Guitars . He carries all types of Sperzels and maybe can help with the little drill template for the nubs on the backside .

5. tonezoneonline

tonezoneonline Member

Just line the tuner up where you ant it and give it a good push on top of the nib.That should leave an indentation.With a #36 or 2.7mm drill make a hole 5/32 deep.
    I never use the templates.

6. RL in Fla

RL in Fla Member

That'll work too , but they didn't even budge hard maple on a tele . :D