Sputnik II?

Sociophile

"Ignore" Button Aficionado
Did anyone here on the forum pick up a Sputnik II?

I know we probably won't get "hands on" reports for another three months, but I am curious if anyone bought one yesterday after the announcement.

Sociophile

"Ignore" Button Aficionado
I have a nasty "ignore" button habit here on TGP, so I missed the original thread. I have now waded through it, laughed at all the random Spaceman hate, and feel my question was answered.

I love Spaceman stuff but I also have a red original Sputnik and couldn't see paying $500 for the extra foot switch and filtering options. That's more than I paid for the original!

Edit: It is gorgeous, though, and I will probably eventually be jealous of those that have one!

Imperial_Tone

All things with a Maple Cap
I held out for the lower special edition finishes. Although the wait is longer on them, they are more "attractive" looking. So looks like I'll be checking the site twice everyday.. Until then im looking forward to seeing a comparison between the original.

friend33

Gold Supporting Member
Did they become deaf from all the hammering? :confused That could be an OSHA issue...

I will just have to be satisfied with my old, gray Sputnik, which I do love. :beer

I am guessing that the two tone switches are a way to further break out the sounds that are in the Engage/Filter switch, which gives you 2 different EQ profiles.

Along with the drift footswitch, looks like a nice, useful update to the feature set to me.

66 pedals at $500 a pop. :eeks
What I want to know... is there really $30k worth of parts & labor in 66 pedals?
Parts and labor are a drop in the bucket compared to the overhead costs of commercial/industrial rent, insurance, taxes, and utilities in the Portland and Seattle areas. $30K sounds like a lot, but it isn't.

Last edited:

Trending Topics