Squier Affinity Telecaster Special - Nice Starter Guitar!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by onemoretime, May 14, 2015.

1. onemoretime

onemoretime Member

A good buddy of mine wanted to take another whack at playing guitar. He can barely play chords and at one point a couple years back ran out and bought a Marshall valve 100W 4x12 w, a second 4x12 cab, and 2 expensive Parker guitars (one HB, one SC) to strum in his spare bedroom :eeks After a couple months he dumped it all and took a huge beating ($ and wife) :facepalm

Realizing he is a bit impulsive, I interceded this time and told him to get a Squier Affinity Tele Special (Butterscotch Blond w. maple board). He has short fingers and really likes a toothpick neck. He shopped Craislist and found a mint one. He got it for $130 and it is like new. The seller bought it for his kid to take lessons and the kid lost interest quickly.

He bought it over tonight and the guitar was set up perfectly. I don't know if they are all like this or if the seller had it setup in conjunction with his kid's lessons at the guitar store. Playability was really nice and the guitar sounds great through my Fender Deluxe VM. These guitars are even better than I remember them being. My buddy was blown away how good it sounded. The bridge pickup was nice and twangy and the neck pickup was especially sweet. No volume drop or muddiness at all. These are just the best bang for the buck you can find.

I sent my buddy home with the strings changed and my Fender Gdec under his arm so he can play it at home. I hope he sticks wijh it this time.

Last edited: May 14, 2015