Squier Classic Vibe Starcaster - Any reviews?

Steve Y.

I have been feeling slightly GASsy lately for a Squier Classic Vibe Starcaster, but I have not been able to find many reviews so I thought I would bring it up here. Conceptually, I really like the guitar - dual humbucker, semi-hollow, bolt-on neck. I even like the toggle switch being on the lower horn like its solid body offset Jazzmaster kin. I know it is a $400 guitar and will need some tweaks to make it 'good', but I'm wondering if these tweaks are major and not worth the hassle.

zombiwoof

Supporting Member
I have been feeling slightly GASsy lately for a Squier Classic Vibe Starcaster, but I have not been able to find many reviews so I thought I would bring it up here. Conceptually, I really like the guitar - dual humbucker, semi-hollow, bolt-on neck. I even like the toggle switch being on the lower horn like its solid body offset Jazzmaster kin. I know it is a $400 guitar and will need some tweaks to make it 'good', but I'm wondering if these tweaks are major and not worth the hassle.
From what I've seen and heard it's pretty good. I'm not sure about the neck profile however. Of course, for another $400 you can replace the fake WRHB pickups with the new Fender Cunife ones!.
Al

ketar

I just bought one second hand (as new), simply out of love for the shape. One of the rare occasions I allow myself to buy something on the web, without trying it out. I am impressed. The guitar is rly good: neck is on the slim side but I easily adapt to any kind of shape, the fretwork is excellent. Pickups maybe could be replaced but I will not change them. I couldn't find info about them: they are not as the original ones, that we know, and they are just humbucker in a WRHB shape, but they sound big and deep, cleaner/brighter than ordinary HB. The output is stunning: I wonder if they are ceramic.

I do not think that it needs any tweak to make it good: it is just good as it is. I have many many guitars, from vintage ones to luthier's one-off. I would grab this for a gig easily. I think I'll try to add soon a LesTrem that i have on another guitar, just cause I like trem-bars.

Trending Topics