• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Squier CV Strat owners - Did you keep the pups?

telefuzzfreak

Yes...I know the CVs have been discussed here many times. But I didn't see much about the pickups. Did any of you CV owners swap out the pups for anything or did you keep them stock?

Rock Johnson

I actually like 'em. If you do the pseudo-50s wiring mod, you can get really sweet tones by rolling the volumes down. I really like the neck with the volume rolled down.

BarkingTree

Kept them, scrapped the bridgeplate for a glendale, light reliced the body.
Now it may go away..to an interested party.
Good tele though and good pickups.

Glenn D.

I like the pups in the 60 CV enough to sell the Lindy Fralins I had sitting around. My shop owner tried out the CV and said "that's $900 tone", and he wasn't trying to sell me the guitar, as I was already going to buy it.

Glenn D.

richey88

It's the only stock bridge p/u I can live with.....the quack positions are worth the price of admission. Going to wire the bridge to the tone knob though.....yo Rock! What's this 50's wiring sceme you mention, sounds interesting.

SoCalSteve

I have a 50's Strat. They sound great. I'm replacing the bridge with a SC sized humbucker (GFS 10k Lil Killer) but that's just to make it a more versatile guitar for my needs. The neck and middle are staying. I've found the middle pup gets a very nice Trower tone.

Trending Topics