Squier Stagemaster + aftermarket neck?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by rspencer, Feb 20, 2012.

1. rspencer

rspencer Member

Looking at buying a Squier Stagemaster body for a project I've been planning. It's almost perfect for what I want, at a much lower cost than ordering a body with similar specs. The only issue is the neck. I plan on using an aftermarket (Warmoth/USACG/Musikraft) neck.
    Will a Fender-sized neck fit? I'm guessing most likely, but I'll have to drill/re-drill the holes to match the Squier.

Anyone know, or done something similar before?

[​IMG]

2. rockonomics

rockonomics Member

Standard Fender measurements are IIRC 2&3/16 w X 3" l X 5/8" d. Can you get a measurement of this pocket? looks to me like the only issue would be the one hole shown in the pic. If you're getting a new neck I think you should be able to get it undrilled which solves any problems. I know USACG prefers to send necks undrilled unless it's going in one of their bodies for this very reason.

3. rspencer

rspencer Member

I've asked for the measurements.
    From all the research I've done, it looks like a Fender-sized neck will fit.
    Just hoping I can be sure before buying the body.

EDIT TO ADD:
    Got an answer back. It's the standard 2 3/16" pocket.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  4. rockonomics

rockonomics Member

Great! If you plan on getting a new aftermarket neck, you can create a monster!! I haven't built one of these so I didn't know the neck pocket dimensions, sorry. But glad you got the info. I do like the way the heel is cut. BTW are you sure it includes the neck plate? Not a real big thang as they're available on Fleabay, but still nice having it. I can't wait to see this one. I have as much fun watching other people's projects as I do making my own.

5. rspencer

rspencer Member

Yes, it includes the neck plate with the loaded body (H-S-S).
    I'm planning a metal monster. :D

6. rockonomics

rockonomics Member

Keep us posted w/ lotsa pics.:munch