squirm, wiggly worm.

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by fatback, Sep 6, 2006.

1. fatback

fatback Member

2. G'OlPeachPhan

G'OlPeachPhan Member

I'm really digging the Lollars in your Jazzmaster too! Great clip... I dig the other Lollar clip, as well as your PP fuzz demo clip too. Awesome tones man!

3. mike@switchback

mike@switchback Member

Love your vids....keep em comin'!

4. anyone

anyone Member

Is that your Princeton? Any pedals runnin'?

Thanks for the killer demos continual gas pains!

5. fatback

fatback Member

Yup, that's my old Princeton reverb with a Maxon AD-900 for delay. For the gain I click on a Lovepedal Purple Plexi into a Valveboy, followed by a t.c. para eq.

I'm working on another jazzmaster clip now with this same rig, but with a Dual-Drive driving a Supa-Quack wah before it. If I just paint my guitar purple and had long hair I could do a decent J. Mascis impersonation.
    :p

6. Cody McLain

Cody McLain Member

Very cool fatback... I recently found some of your other videos and really dig them. I use a PR at home with a few different pedals, including an older COT 50. Do you usually run most of your pedals into the Valveboy when using the PR? Seems a big part of your clips with gain. Great chops and tone....

7. fatback

fatback Member

I do like to use the Lovepedal/Valveboy/t.c. eq stack at home most of the time. The Valveboy helps me get a nice Marshally low gain tone from my Princeton and takes fuzzes and boosts very well at releatively low volumes.

Lately I've also been playing a few gain and drive pedals direct into the Princeton, ( as seen the last bunch of the Skreddy demos and some TS?/8?8 style pedal demos I did last month. )

cheers.
    :)

8. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

I love the sound of the neck/bridge setting. The pickups on their own sound great, but both on is heavenly.

Out of curiosity, how do you set your Princeton Reverb? What speaker is in it?

Bryan

9. fatback

fatback Member

I have a well broken in Jensen P10 in there. I ussually set the dials with the volume just opening up at about 2.5, the treble at 7, the bass at about 5, and the reverb on about 3.

cheers.

10. BudLite

BudLite Supporting Member

I just saw this video, sounded good FB. Is the PP like a fuzz pedal or a distortion pedal? I am interested in this pedal, cant believe I just saw this..How'd that get by...Thanks

11. fatback

fatback Member

The PP is more akin to a hybrid Fuzz/Boost than a distortion pedal. It is very "up-front" and has little compression on its' own, but will drive a tube amp or pedal easily into creamy sustain with a great cutting attack and full low-end.

good stuff. :D

12. BudLite

BudLite Supporting Member

Thanks FB, It has sound nice tones, doesn't sound like a distortion box, thats for sure....seemed to clean up well for some chordal stuff.

Do you think the PP could cover the tones for say 80's type rock sounds or is it better suited for 70's classic rock, fuzz type tones, Jeff beck type ....I am going to try this when it becomes available.....see how it mates with my BFDR.....

13. fatback

fatback Member

I'd say more 70's than 80's to me, but maybe that's the fuzz-like character of the pedal. Remember that in the vid I'm hitting both a Valveboy and the PP for the gain section, (see above.)