SRB808 has landed!!!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by HeeHaw, Feb 10, 2008.

1. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

......and boy was it ever worth it!!!!:dude

I unboxed it and went right to work with my strat, and within less than 10 minutes I can tell you right now that this is one formiddable OD pedal.:cool:

The model I got was the SRB808 classic with the #2 mod. I asked Dave if he could voice it around my strat and he did not dissappoint in any way.

It has one of the most effective level knobs I've ever used on an OD. In fact, every knob on it is very effective in just the right places in the tonal spectrum. I honestly can not find a harsh tone in it anywhere. It really shines with my band too! I've owned several OD pedals that were just plain noisy and the 808 is by no means noisy. Even turning it on and off doesn't yield the POP! as with some pedals. There are two OD pedals that will never leave my board and the SRB is one of them. So far I have found everything from classic 808, dumble, and marshall tones in the SRB808. I am excited about this pedal!:cool:

2. Idlewilde

Idlewilde Member

It's kick ass pedal.

3. spiritofeden

spiritofeden Member

To be honest I spent some time with the srb testing it side by side with a Maxon 808, a Zendrive, a King of The Britains. These are my imrpessions:

1) The best TS I ever met! I'd be courious to compare it with a Mojo Drive, that is basically the same thing...
    2) At first it seemd to be the same as the Zendrive. Then I quickly discovered some little diffrencies including the fact the it stacks completely differently and not as nicely as Zen! So it's close but not the same.
    3) Marshall sound? It didn't sound any close honesly. Closer to a Rat but not in the same league. Both the KOTB and the Crunch Box blow it away.

In the end it's an incredible TS with some bonus. If you need a TS it's definitely the place to go. The fat boost is a very good addiction too...Of course this is only my opinion...

4. Merelington

Merelington Member

Congratulations!

I still have over a month to wait for mine. All the great things i'm hearing on this board havn't eased my eagerness one bit.

5. HeeHaw

HeeHaw Member

I didn't get the SRB for high gain tones as I don't use much gain in my playing. The upper posistion on the toggle does some really convincing higher gain Marshall tones, but I never use it set that way. I really love the center position with the dumble style breakup.

6. The Pup

The Pup Supporting Member

I got the SRB808+ with all of the mods...it just doesn't do it for me.

I need to have it revoiced...I only found one setting that sounded close to being right and it sounds too thin for my use.

Not currently on my board.

[​IMG]