SS for the loud crowd?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by soggybottomboy, Oct 1, 2012.

1. soggybottomboy

soggybottomboy Member

My back is killing me... seriously...

I double on bass and guitar and the gear hauling is getting way too much. I am looking for a GUITAR ONLY set up that is lightweight and solid state. A simple clean platform is fine as I can layer on color/distortion/whatever with pedals.

Here's the catch though, I need to keep up with some jockeys sporting Mesa Dual Recto Heads and these screamingly loud 1x12 cabs.

Price isn't really an issue, so I was thinking about Acoustic Image + Redstone 1x12? Anything else I should be checking out that's high end and versatile as all get out?

I'd sure love to have the versatility and portability that I need to keep up with the jonses.

Oh... yeah yeah, I know, find new friends...go through the board...etc etc... let's take those off the table.

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Member

Retro Channel RR1?

Pritchard?

3. Dave_C

Dave_C Member

4. JubileeMan 2555

JubileeMan 2555 Member

Seriously consider this:

Total weight of everything will be under 40lb. and your mesa tone will probably be far better then the Mesa Rectifiers on the same stage.

...and the best part? You can simply setup an SVT patch and use the same setup for your bass playing. (and of course you don't have to use it for bass...since i did read your capital letters statement, but it would work)

[​IMG]

5. ?&!

?&! Member

The RR1 with an efficient speaker is LOOOOOOUD.

6. toomanyamps

toomanyamps Member

This will have the Mesa guys begging you to turn it down.

http://www.ztamplifiers.com/products/club.html

Specifications:
    Dimensions (H x W x D): 14" x 15" x 9.25"/357mm x 381mm x 235mm
    Weight: 22 lbs./10kg
    Peak Output: 131 dB at 1 meter
    Controls: Volume, Gain, Treble, Bass, Reverb, Line Out/Headphone Level

7. dewey decibel

dewey decibel Member

we eat a lot of cheese and drink a lot of beer
    I wouldn't go with Acoustic Image stuff unless I wanted that kind of a jazz sound. It's not so great for your more common guitar tones IMO.

8. ekp

ekp Member

I saw a single 12 Pritchard fill up a good sized room with the Watts Knob turned almost off. With 180 Watts Peak Distorted Power it definitely can be heard cutting through. And if that is not enough, there is an Equalized Direct to go to the PA board via an XLR and mike cord. At 35 pounds and numerous great tones, what more could you want?

9. woad_yurt

woad_yurt Member

I'll trot my only SS rig out, a Crate Powerblock and 12" JBL G-125. I use it with the gain on a bit & a tube preamp but one can crank it up clean and use pedals. This little thing sounds pretty good, is small and can get very, very loud. The speaker is rated at 200 watts & 102 db efficiency.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Supporting Member

I really have a problem buying that figure.
    130+db coming from that little cab and covering the full guitar audio range, with a total weight of 22lbs.:omg:omgReally!?!?

Somebody must be selectively choosing the stats...maybe on axis at 400-1khz or something...I don't get it.