Stacked P90

Check out a Dimarzio Virtual P90. They have two rows of screws (much closer together than what you see on a humbucker) on the top of the pickup so they don't really look like a trad. P90. You may find that you have to do some additional routing to get the cavity deep enough to for a stacked P90.

duckbunny

Lace P900
Only Humbucking P90 I've ever heard that sounds like a good P90 and is totally quiet. (Sssshhh...Best kept secret in P90s!)

-db

Macaroni

I tried the DiMarzio Virtual P90 and it was too strong for my tastes - not very good clean tones by comparison to other P90s.

I just got a set of 3 HP90s directly from Kent Armstrong and these are absolutely killer pickups. Beautiful cleans and enough strength to work with OD, and dead quiet. PM me if you want Kent's phone#.

malabarmusic

Lace P900
Only Humbucking P90 I've ever heard that sounds like a good P90 and is totally quiet. (Sssshhh...Best kept secret in P90s!)

-db
I never got to hear the tone of the P900, because they're too big for some guitars' "standard" P90 route.

- DB

PolyMorf

I absolutely love my DiMarzio virtual P90's but I always have a bit of grit attached to them. I don't play them clean. They replaced some Duncan's that were horribly noisy. I mean bad noisy with any kind of distortion. I have mine switched 5 ways.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom