Stacking Lovepedals!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Formvar, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Formvar

Formvar Supporting Member

So...I spent a couple of hours today checking out a "Lovepedal Stack".
    Guitar was a strat w/Fralins and Callaham hardware.
    Amp was a DR Z Carmen Ghia 1x12 combo w/vintage 30.
    Pedals were:
    -a COT 50 red @ 10 o`clock
    -Eternity blackbox-volume and gain just past 9 o clock and tone at about 10:30
    -TC Electronics Booster pedal-slight boost w/ about 4 db`s of boost on both the bass and treble knobs
    And an old EP-3 Echoplex last in line

All I can say is CRAP SANDWICH!!!:AOK It sounded awesome. I spent most of the time on the bridge pickup. Great clarity with harmonic overtones swirling all over. Not too compressed sounding, but w/great sustain. High notes were smooth and not spikey in their frequencies, low notes were fat without sounding muddy. It was just one of those moments when you sit back and smile because you can play the guitar and get enjoyment out of it.

I know that there`s been talk about the COT 50-Eternity-Timmy stack. I like the EQ points on the TC booster, but can anyone give me some thoughts on what the Timmy brings to the table?

I`m all about the Lovepedal Stack.:dude At least this week.

2. seanc

seanc Member

i have done some lovepedal stacking and i found that they sound awesome together. this is what i sometimes stack together...

Balance - COTRed - Eternity - RC Booster.

the RC lets me dial in some eq that i loose from the stacking. i add just a touch of bass and back off the treble slightly and BINGO!!!

right on brother!!

3. basscracker

basscracker Guest

Fatback 101,try the Cot50 with the bias almost all the way down when stacking and use the guitar vol.

4. RobertS.

RobertS. Member

What's the best order when stacking the Eternity & COT50? Right now I have it like this- Strat, Budwah, Magicboy vibe, Eternity, Cot50, TU2, JCM900, with my chorus phase & echo thru the loop. Should be getting my Timmy any day so where in the chain is the best place for that?

5. seanc

seanc Member

i always thought stacking in the order of COT into the Eternity sounded better but as it should be stated, my tastes in tone are very different to the next guy. try both ways and see which ways butters your bread.

Sean

6. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

Definitely COT 50 --> Eternity. Try it with the gain dialed all the way down on both the COT and the E (and dime the E's volume - set the tone on the E to taste) - killer tone...

7. Deaj

Deaj Member

:dude :dude :dude

8. aquadog

aquadog Member

Ohh, always a fun thing to do
    I like:
    guitar - balance or dragon - karl - magicboy vibe - cot50 - sunn

used to throw a twin60 after the cot when I still had it. The best in my opinion

9. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I have a COT50 blue and a germ Dragon. One time I got them to work well together, but I haven't been able to replicate it! I usually choose one or the other depending on the song and use the guitar's volume to get different levels of drive.

10. badger6

badger6 Member

I run guitar into bad horsey wah, then magicboy vibe, then lilchinacot50
    then karl fuzz then sparkle drive then bbe sonic stomp then out to amp.

11. RobertS.

RobertS. Member

Great suggestions guys! I'm gonna do a little re-arranging of my pedal board later today & see how she sounds. :AOK

12. Formvar

Gitpicker,
    I`ll try the COT and E with the gain all the way down and the E dimed. Sounds like good times! I set up mt COT-E the way I explained in my post after having a talk with Sean yesterday. He made the suggestion and I just tweaked it to my taste. I would definitely buy a COT-E pedal if he ever put`s it into production. Thanks to all of you for the input so far. As per the original post, i`m still wondering what the qualities of a Timmy pedal would be in this stack:rolleyes:

13. asdf

asdf Member

The Timmy would add EQ. The Timmy has great EQ abilities, and it can shape the tone of the pedals before it.

14. RobertS.

RobertS. Member

So I put the COT50 before my "E" & it does make a big difference. Really liking my tone right now!:dude

15. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

I would be afraid too much love..... I might "arrive" prematurely? :)

16. Formvar

I tried the COT and E with the gains backed all the way counterclockwise and the E`s volume dimed. I actually liked the original settings that I had better. IMO, just a more ballsier sound with dynamics still present. I actually swapped out the E with a MI Blues Pro and that sounded pretty freakin`awesome as well! The COT 50 at the beginning of the chain is rocking!:RoCkIn

17. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

It's the beginning of the chain for my Balance. It wants to be there and nowhere else. I don't mind :)

18. ahltarocka

ahltarocka Supporting Member

I AM presently using a Lovepedal Eternity into a Timmy for leads. Just ordered the COT 50. I will use it mostly for chords. However, I would like to get some suggestions on using these pedals together the best way for both Power chords and searing leads. Can I get some suggestions as to the settings and best order for pedals. I use a Strat Plus and sometimes an Epiphone Les Paul Elitist into a Mesa Boogie III. Right now I usually have the gain higher on the E don't know if that is the right way to go. Should they both be at Unity?

ROCKON:RoCkIn :dude

19. johan

johan Member

Anyone heard of the Lovepedal 45?

20. bullet69

bullet69 Member

you know what i cant get the whole stacking thing i try it but i must be doing something wrong.do you use clean amp what if you run the cot into a fuzz like the black beauty what level do you run the cot at and what do you run the fuzz at. i usually have better luck with a dirty amp and one pedal at a time pushing that even harder but watching fatbacks videos he is stacking with great results so school me please