Stacking M13 dirts

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by FiestaRed869, Feb 26, 2012.

1. FiestaRed869

FiestaRed869 Member

I have an M13 and think the dirts, ODs and distortions are pretty good( with the exception of the pbig muff, this is just horrible). Anyway my question is do any of you guys stack your ODs and distortions like you woud regular pedals or only have one on at a time. I noticed you can't really have more then one on at a time or it just becomes a mess, unlike analog pedals . I guess since its digital it's not relly driving tubes , it's just 2 separate digital sounds and sound bad when both are on at the same time . Right now I have 3 settings for ODs and distortions, a very mild almost clean crunch, an overdrive and a distortion. I used to have a real big muff and LOVED throwing this on for solos over my analog OD for solos but i can't seem to get that same creamy rich tone from the line 6. Any suggestions

2. nodata2000

nodata2000 Supporting Member

Stacking works well on the M series (and HD's for that matter). I stack 2 pedals for heavier rhythm and lead tones (screamer and tube drive).

I suggest really focusing on the drive and output parameters, if you haven't done so already.

3. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

I have stacked them in the M13 and in the HD 500 to decent effect. Even better is stacking a comp/boost into a drive into a slightly overdriven amp (or model) and even BETTER is adding another dirt and/or boost pedal (I use a BB and an EP, both from xotic) into those. For some reason I like stacking drives better than using just one.

4. nodata2000

nodata2000 Supporting Member

yup...red comp into screamer or tube drive works wonders

5. 3a2t

3a2t Member

I'm really liking the tube drive into a facial fuzz...

6. Mysterytrain

Mysterytrain Member

Tube Comp into Screamer. Rock 'n Roll.

7. FiestaRed869

FiestaRed869 Member

8. FiestaRed869

FiestaRed869 Member

9. shawnshack

shawnshack Supporting Member

I struggled to get it to sound right for me. But I was always able to get something close enough to what I needed.

10. FiestaRed869

FiestaRed869 Member

Any suggestions for that tone?

11. LJOHNS

LJOHNS Member

I don't like any of the OD tones on my M9. I use other pedals for that. Maybe I need to spend a little more time tweaking?

12. FiestaRed869

FiestaRed869 Member

^^ thanks for the link , solo tone starts at 20 seconds. That blue veins tone live is just so killer and I can't recreate it !!! I'm assumming it's his standard rig. A silvertone head ran through a fender revrb for the reverb then a big muff on for the solo. All the M9 settings with an OD then fuzz just sound like a mess

13. nashorn

nashorn Member

I love the weird sounds you can get by stacking the fuzzes, e.g. Sub Octave Fuzz into Octave Fuzz or Classic Dist into Octave Fuzz. Everything is possible from sick to insane. :messedup

14. fdd

fdd Member

try: (optional) Tube Comp > Screamer > Tube Delay (max drive, 0% mix, so no delay, but all saturation). Tube Delay is my fav overdrive in the M13, you just have to push it hard, to get a decent amount of drive (the reason of the screamer). It cuts through like a boss, and yet it's very "clean" in terms of preserving all the notes you play to be heard.

15. FiestaRed869

FiestaRed869 Member

Thanks guys still trying to nail it , if anyone found some good combos that conpme close let me know

16. mesa/boogieman

mesa/boogieman Senior Member

I have an M9 and stack overdrive. Keep a Tubescreamer on all the time and have another tubescreamer that I kick on for solos. I think it works well. I keep the gain level low on the one that is on all the time so it's not muddy sounding.

17. mesa/boogieman

mesa/boogieman Senior Member

I've not tried this combo. I'm going to this weekend!