Stacking Mad Professor dirt pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Charles#5, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

I have the Sky Blue and the Sweet Honey, and they work very well together. Has anyone here tried stacking the Sweet Honey or the Sky Blue with the Little Green Wonder?

2. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc ^^^ I made this guitar^^^

I have a bunch of BJFe pedals that stack very well. I go from high gain pedals to low gain, but the main thing to think about is the last box that is on in the chain will have the most influence on sound. Think about how you use you pedals and which sounds you want to boost and put them in that order. For example the LGW is a great booster of other boxes, but it is also a great final tone shaper if you want to knock off a few highs.

3. ianb

ianb Member

I have both the LGW, one of my all-time favorites, and the Sweet Honey. I find myself using the one or the other, not both at the same time. I have tried stacking them, but felt I got too much midrange. The LGW has more, but the SH also adds some (but less). Both great boxes though, love them both.

I prefer running them through a DLS or Timmy, because these are more different, with open sounding midrange, and I just like the result beter. Hope this helps.

4. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

I have a Timmy too. In what order do you have your dirt pedals?

5. burnbritney

burnbritney Member

Not sure if this helps but my current "dirt chain" is like this...
    Toneczar Openhaus -> BJFE EGDM -> Timmy -> BJFE Honey Bee
    I would also agree that going from high to low gain helps you shape the sound of the higher gain pedals better than the other way around.

6. ianb

ianb Member

LGW or SH > DLS > Timmy, set from more gain to less.

I usually don't use more that 2 at a time, they go into Fenders that are already breaking up.

7. jdandry

jdandry Member

LGW-FRF both set low gain, Killer!