Stacking modulation pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jcs, May 2, 2016.

1. jcs

jcs Member

Anyone have specific pedals that you like to mix rather than running just one of the modulation pedals?

My 62 Bandmaster has the killer tremolo and I like to mix in some phaser or flanger or chorus sometimes.

Any settings you use would be cool as well!

2. dwoverdrive

dwoverdrive Supporting Member

The only modulation stacking I ever seem to do involves a Mooer Ensemble King chorus into a Flint tremolo and usually with the reverb on. Very 80s sound but very cool. Since the Mooer is pretty subtle I run the depth high and rate to taste. It mixes in so nicely that choppy trem sound good with it as well as more throbby stuff.

3. jsytsma

jsytsma Member

Yeah, I feel like tremolo + chorus/phaser/flanger/whatever always works pretty well. Other combos just get messy unless you're in a shoegaze band, at which point it's supposed to sound that way.

4. bigjon

bigjon Member

MXR Phase 100 + Boss DD-3 (800ms) + Boss BF-2 + Boss CE-2 + Boss DM-2 (400ms) = instant She Sells Sanctuary...

5. Trevorsnackson

Trevorsnackson Member

My roommate stacks a warped vinyl and a trem alot. sounds pretty crazy

Robleishman likes this.
  6. Artie Fisk

Artie Fisk Member

Ventura Vibe on a slow-but-deep rotary setting into Adineko and then through Strymon Flint Harmonic Tremolo. Somehow, it works. It works very nicely.

7. Artie Fisk

Artie Fisk Member

Used to also really like running a small stone along with the tremolo on my Pro Reverb.

8. weekend hippie

weekend hippie Member

My "always on" pedals (modulation that is) includes phaser, pitchvibrato and ps-6 for chorus. Sometimes I add a POG and a trem as well. And maybe a filterpedal if I'm feeling trippy

9. TimeSnow

TimeSnow Member

Any sort of filter sweep type pedal (chorus, phaser, flanger, etc) mixes well with tremolo.

10. Sparkfriction

Sparkfriction Member

everything is ok with tremolo, delay and/or reverb.

slow vibish phaser with fast leslie style chorus is pretty cool. hard to explain, but it is not to much as some one might expect by reading.

Wah with vibe/phase shifter/rotary/tremolo is also cool, but nothing special... it simple works and makes lots of sense IMO

different effect order and signal chains would be the next step... hard loud rhythmic delay repeats into a tremolo is cool. as long the tremolos rate is faster as the delay time...

Auditory Driving likes this.
  11. Outlier

Outlier Member

Sure. Lots of things can work. Gotta trial and error to avoid a wall of mush but getting the right combos can be very cool. As others mentioned, Trem tends to cooperate well with other modulation effects. Others can work too. I've really enjoyed experimenting with textures. Remember, odds are a heavy modulation is not going to play as nicely as lighter treatment. But not always. Tinker. Enjoy!

12. zul

zul Supporting Member

Jack Rabbit, Depths, ElecLady, Tender Octaver, Slow Engine .
    Not all are modulation, but any and all combinations thereof.