• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Stacking OCD & Fulldrive II. Which one first?

blueserv

I've found a great deal of info on TGP about both these pedals, but not so much about stacking them together. Anyone have a preference for the stacking order of these two pedals, and if so, why?

Thanks.

It's a personal preference topic. Neither is wrong, and both ways can sound great for different styles.

I don't have the FD2, but my Eternity/OCD combination gives me stellar stacking tone. As of right now, I'm running Eternity > OCD. But that could change soon.

bradw

I actually use a Bad Monkey (don't hate me) as an "always on" pedal. I set the gain to zero and dime the volume. This adds a bit more punch and grit to my clean DRRI. Then, the FD2 is used as a moderate overdrive sound. Kick off the FD2 and kick in the OCD for increased overdrive.

I have my set-up as FD2 > OCD but haven't experimented much with using the two at the same time. And, I believe this is "common" meaning overdrives and distortions are "typically" set up from mellow to moderate to high gain.

Hope this helps.

1973Marshall

Here's a cool way of looking at it:

If you put the FD2 After the OCD in comp-cut you get a variable volume boost that also adds compression to smooth out and add sustain. So without the FD2 you have a great crunch rhythm tone that cleans up a lot with your volume, and you can boost up over the band at will with the FD2.

OR

You can put the comp-cut FD2 INTO the OCD and get a boosted, kinda modded Marshall level of gain and crunch with (OR without) having to max the OCD's gain - your choice.

tbhuey

I love these two pedals together. I have an older 2005 FD2, which to me sounds more open and less compressed than the newer mosfet ones. I found that with single coils, I like the FD2 into the OCD. With buckers I like the opposite. I've been using the FD2 in FM mode for singles, and comp cut with buckers. I also use the OCD (V3) for higher gain.

Trending Topics