Stacking OCD

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by humbert, Feb 4, 2006.

1. humbert

humbert Member

What OD pedals do you like with your Fulltone OCD? I'm thinking about getting one, but I'd like to know what pedals go with it well -- I have a number of ODs and I'm hoping to use the OCD for my main sound and then kick something on before or after it to get extra gain and sustain.

Thanks,

Tim

2. RichSZ

RichSZ Member

I find the Keeley Java Boost is great for goosing any distortion/od pedal and it sounds great by itself. What I like most about the Keeley is the treble boost mode or the switch toi boost the mids also.

But the OCD/Java Boost combo is a keeper on my board for sure.

-Rich

3. Entztrix

Entztrix Member

old ocd and new ocd stacked
    sounds badass

4. albuht813

albuht813 Member

keeley ts9 into old OCD and then to a fatboost

5. Baby Evil

Baby Evil Member

I like the Barber Ltd into the OCD.

Jan

6. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

In different combinations of before and after I use a Tim/Timmy(depending on the day) Mosferatu, and RC Boost with my OCD. They all work very well with each other.

7. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

The FD-2 into a OCD works great!, the OCD seems to stack well with a lot of pedals.

8. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

I'm having a few problems with my Menatone TBIAC6. Seems to fart out when I stack any OD with it, including the OCD. Hotcake in to TBIAC6 was ok though, so was the Hotcake into the OCD. Hotcake = Stacker!!

9. Wooley

Wooley Member

When using my strat, I keep the drive on the OCD low around 3 o'clock and stack it with EVERYTHING on my board. I run my phaser into it, I run my chorus into it, I run my FUZZ into it, I run my Beano into it, and most importantly probably, I stack my OCD into my tubescreamer(s) to push the drive and brighten it a little bit for leads.
    I think the on all the time for rhythm and then the fuzz, the Beano, or the Screamer for leads is THE way to go.
    One caveat, humbuckers drive the OCD a little harder so even at the lowest settings you get real overdrive. This is great for leads and I pretty much ALWAYS use my OCD into Screamer(s) with my SG. But you can't just keep it on all the time as a boost for chords, cause you get all the drive.

10. davidkiddmusic

davidkiddmusic Member

Im using my OCD into a TIM pedal and MAN the tones I can get from these two are SICK!

11. humbert

humbert Member

Thanks, guys! Probably will look into getting me a Timmy to go with this. I already am a dedicated Hotcake user (most versatile od i've ever played!) so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a new-style OCD.