Stacking pedals...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 57gold, Feb 6, 2012.

1. 57gold

57gold Silver Supporting Member

I've read on TPG about pedals, distortion ones, being stacked...played into each other, which is something I have never done and would have never thought to do.

Not talking about a distortion + wah or chorus or flanger, stuff that I have done for years and, since I now have an amp with a loop that works beautifully, the Carol-Ann OD2, i have delay and reverb in the loop. These time-based effects may be preceeded by a BJFE or Fulltone or Exotic distrtion pedal in front of the amp input (though, have to say that the C-A lead channel makes these long loved pedals less essential). So when I use one of these pedals, I'm gunning for a particular, unique sound that it delivers. Never thought of playing one into another then into a good tube amp.

So, what pro players stack distortion pedals for their tone?

Is it a method to get gain/sustain with less volume than a pedal into a amp at early stage of breakup? (How I like a distortion or boost pedal in my rig.)

2. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

I stack 2 TS9's on the reg.

3. rjh11

rjh11 Member

I stack a modded handwired tube screamer into my mr fuzz all the time.

4. jads57

jads57 Supporting Member

Stacking od's has it's ups and downs for me. Try both pedals before and after each other, it changes how they react to each other. Also try a boost type pedal along w/ an od before and after as well. Can be somewhat tricky to dial in.